What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    100 pages into American Psycho. Were we really that shallow in the 1980s? I personally liked the decade...
    Excellent! One of my all-time favorites. I tend to think he's just exaggerating things a bit to make a point, but at the same time, maybe not. I just think the 80's was when the whole "me me me" thing really started to kick in with our culture, and it's never really gone away, it's just changed expression. The 90's just morphed it into the grunge/angst/woe-is-me thing - still self-indulgent, but it was more like "Everything sucks!" rather than "Everything is great!" And this past decade now I think it's going back, where people tend to value themselves based on what products they buy and having all the latest shiny toys.

Comment

I picked up "The Watchers" by Jon Steele again. I was loving it before, but for some reason I took it back to the library before I was finished. Probably because I had too many other books going on.

I thought I would give "Cloud Atlas" a try. Haven't seen the movie yet, and it seemed to drop off the radar pretty quickly, but I thought I'd give the book a shot. Don't really know what to expect from it.

And finally, "Rogue" by Mark Sullivan because I'm also in the mood for a thriller.

Comment

I recently read:
        Dueling Minds: This was a very fun read. The concept of having multiple writers pen stories based on the same piece of art was really cool. I hope CD does more of these!
        Four Ghosts: Another fun read. Classic ghost stories.
        Locke & Key Omega Episode one: The Locke & Key story has been a great ride and I read the first episode of Omega with mixed feelings. I am excited to be reading the story again but I know there are only a few episodes left.

Comment

Trust me..it's increasing since I found this place (CD). And it will increase more, the more I keep getting tempted by these awesome emails that keep coming in from here too.

Plus, after looking at all the past offerings of titles CD had - there are quite a few older items I wish I could have got my hands on, but are unfortunately no longer available.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          12????? 12 ?????. I think the last time my TBR pile was that small I was 12.

Comment

Full Dark, No Stars: funny how reading moods can change. The last time I looked at this, I read the first few sentences of the first story and thought "No, sorry, I don't feel like reading about why you killed your wife." Today, however, I was overcome with this urge to pick up it up and I'm totally digging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
              Full Dark, No Stars: funny how reading moods can change. The last time I looked at this, I read the first few sentences of the first story and thought "No, sorry, I don't feel like reading about why you killed your wife." Today, however, I was overcome with this urge to pick up it up and I'm totally digging it.

Does that mean you had the urge to kill your wife today? lol. Don't worry, that's normal. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                Does that mean you had the urge to kill your wife today? lol. Don't worry, that's normal. haha
                ROTFL. I didn't even think of it that way, but now I am!

Comment

Yuo can find lots on e-bay.Also some of us have extra copies of books.We might just be able to give you a deal.
                  Now on to one of the best books I have read.I'm Not Sam.This was a very good read.I was not sure what was going on but to use a term I used once this week when describing another book.Creepy.This book kind of creeped me out.Go get it and read it.
                  Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Trust me..it's increasing since I found this place (CD). And it will increase more, the more I keep getting tempted by these awesome emails that keep coming in from here too.

Plus, after looking at all the past offerings of titles CD had - there are quite a few older items I wish I could have got my hands on, but are unfortunately no longer available.

Comment

I will be starting I'm Not Sam tonight, looking forward to it!
                    Yuo can find lots on e-bay.Also some of us have extra copies of books.We might just be able to give you a deal.
                    Now on to one of the best books I have read.I'm Not Sam.This was a very good read.I was not sure what was going on but to use a term I used once this week when describing another book.Creepy.This book kind of creeped me out.Go get it and read it.

Comment

Started reading The Fleshless Man by Norman Prentiss. I am still reading Burk's Kin, but am at a good stopping point for it right now since my reading time is greatly decreased this month due to NaNoWriMo.
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

I think better than eBay is Abebooks..... I have made a few purchases on there - used books in new condition (even hardcovers) for $1! Some with free shipping even. I have 4 or 5 in my save for later basket.

Last night my wife asked me what book I will read next (only 50 pages left in Strangers). I told her I don't know, plus I order a few from the dinged book sale on here.... What to do...what to do. Plus there a few CD books out of print I am trying to track down, and also trying to figure if I should jump on the latest ERC while available. However..... we are pretty tight with things with Xmas approaching. Plus, time is soooooo precious right now with work, wife's schedule for work changing a lot, running hockey practice every week, plus coaching games too..... yep...need....vacation.....

Last edited by TJCams; 11-22-2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I love Abe Books, I have two books coming as I type this!
                          Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                          I think better than eBay is Abebooks..... I have made a few purchases on there - used books in new condition (even hardcovers) for $1! Some with free shipping even. I have 4 or 5 in my save for later basket.

Last night my wife asked me what book I will read next (only 50 pages left in Stranger). I told her I don't know, plus I order a few from the dinged book sale on here.... What to do...what to do. Plus there a few CD books out of print I am trying to track down, and also trying to figure if I should jump on the latest ERC while available. However..... we are pretty tight with things with Xmas approaching. Plus, time is soooooo precious right now with work, wife's schedule for work changing a lot, running hockey practice every week, plus coaching games too..... yep...need....vacation.....

Comment

The Beach.

Re-reading. First time I read this was a few years back. Loved it and the second time around it is great!

Comment

Wow...American Psycho was one intense book! Is Patrick Bateman a serial killer in reality or only in his dreams? I'll have to think on this some more, maybe watch the movie again (which I haven't seen in a long time).

Cloud Atlas will arrive tomorrow night, so I'll probably start that one next.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Wow...American Psycho was one intense book! Is Patrick Bateman a serial killer in reality or only in his dreams? I'll have to think on this some more, maybe watch the movie again (which I haven't seen in a long time).
                                Yeah, that's one thing I loved about it. Did it all happen, or was he just going bonkers? I prefer the latter.

It's funny how he was pigeon-holed with his earlier novels, but Glamorama and Lunar Park really expanded upon the reality-bending that he initiated in American Psycho. Imperial Bedroom was ok but kind of seemed a bit forced and rushed and didn't really add much to that particular story line.

Comment

Working...
                                X