No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Duh! The Stupid History of the Human Race" - Bob Fenster - a quick "bathroom book" filled with anecdotes.

"An Irish Country Doctor" - Patrick Taylor - excellent. Not my usual fare, but I was drawn to it anyway. A man fresh out of medical school leaves Belfast to work under an odd doctor in Northern Ireland. Humorous at times, but not a comedy. I tend to identify with "fish out of water" characters.

"The Dirty Streets of Heaven" - Tad Williams. Can't wait to see how he does urban fantasy.
    Last edited by Xiabei; 09-16-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I am going to start reading British Invasion by reading at least one story a day along with the other stuff I am reading.

Comment

I just read Perfect Nightmare by John Saul.My first book by him.He is not a bad writer.I liked the story and it had some neat plot twists.I know he has been writing for
        30 plus years.I can not believe it took me so long to read anything by him.

Comment

A long time ago I read Saul's "Nathaniel" and loved it. Then I read a few more and started to think they were all pretty much the same. Haven't read anything of his in a long time, though I do like "The Blackstone Chronicles."

Comment

Going to start floating staircase tonight.Loved the review and I have read Snow.The weather is cooling off here in the northeast.So I thought I would heat things up with this book.

Comment

Finished The Dropper (excellent by the way) recently and then polished off two zombie novels by D.J. Molles and completing a third by Greg Dilouie. After the Dilouie book I will start on The Devil of Echo Lake by Douglass Wynne. I must be getting old because there is way less T.V. and a ton more book reading.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I've always read more then watched TV. Just finished the Number 121 to Pennsylvania and Others by Kealan Patrick Burke. That was a pretty good book.

Comment

Greg Rucka - Alpha
                  This is set in a Disney-like amusement park and involves a invasion and hostage situation. Very gripping story!
                  http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
                  http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
                  http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Getting back on track with my reading lately. Finally getting back into "IT" Should be a while longer yet though but its coming along which is much better than the complete stall I was at for a while (not due to the book)

Comment

Last night I was finally in the mood to get back into "Wizard and Glass" after having stalled about halfway through quite a while ago.

Also, re-reading "Sandman Slim" by Richard Kadrey; imo, the best urban fantasy writer out there (sorry, Simon R. Green, you get bumped to #2).

edit: just picked up "One Rough Man" by Brad Taylor. Sounds good, though I think the title is rather unfortunate; I wouldn't want to be seen in public reading it. :-)
                      Last edited by Xiabei; 09-20-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                        Last night I was finally in the mood to get back into "Wizard and Glass" after having stalled about halfway through quite a while ago.
                        Most people Stall on Wizard and Glass, don't blame ya. I barely got through it.

Comment

I loved Heart Shaped Box... I am thinking about rereading it as a matter of fact as I read it when it first came out. I met Joe Hill at a book signing - he seemed like a really nice guy.
                          Debra Harrison
                          www.bookcollecting101.com
                          www.finehomedecor101.com

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Comment

To me it kinda seems like the story is getting buried at this point, but I really do want to finish the whole series so I'll keep plugging away. When I start to get bored I just read one of the other millions of books I'm reading.

Comment

Oh its your first read? You definitely need to keep plugging. There are parts of that book that are good and important. Rolands stories bog it down but keep on chugging.

Comment

Yeah, first time. I read "The Gunslinger" when it came out and in the past few years finally got around to getting the rest (except for the new one).

Comment

Working...
                                X