No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished reading the Suntup AGE of HEX by Thomas Olde Heuvelt. This was a reread, and I think I liked it even more this time around. Such a messed-up story! Really love the way the author was able to integrate modern technology into the book in a believable way. Also adore that ending (and would love to know how it differs from the original Dutch edition). This Suntup AGE also might be my favorite in terms of production values. Everything works, and the art, both cover & interior is fantastic. Overall, so glad to have this edition of the book and would give it an A grade overall.

Am now reading Don Winslow's "City in Ruins", the last book in the Danny Ryan trilogy. Just picked this one up and couldn't resist starting it right away as Winslow is probably my favorite modern crime writer, and if he holds true to his plans, this is his final book before retirement. 

Comment

Just finished reading Don Winslow's "City in Ruins", the last book in the Danny Ryan trilogy. This book rocked, and I literally could not put it down. Was exactly how I was hoping this trilogy would end. This story would make a fantastic t.v series or set of movies. Kills me to think that this will be Winslow's last book. I know that it's selfish, but I hope his retirement doesn't last!

Am now reading the Thunderstorm LE of Wrath James White's short story collection, "The Ecstasy of Agony". I do occasionally enjoy extreme horror but I've actually never read a Wrath White book or story before; so, I'm excited to see if it lives up to his rep. Of course, since Edward Lee is giving the introduction to the book, I'm guessing that it's a safe bet that it does.

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Maybe it’s time to crack open one of those Tudor books. Â

You might just like it (don’t let Jeff scare you off!).

I would recommend starting with either The Other People or The Burning Girls, both of which were thriller / mysteries with a bit of the supernatural thrown in,

If short stories are more your thing, her collection A Sliver of Darkness was very good, and the stories had a lot more of a supernatural angle to them.

B
        Â
        Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Agreed. I've staring at them for quite some time, telling myself that I need to get to them. Thanks for the starting point recommendations and hopefully I can actually get to one before Sub Press publishes another one of her books!
        Gosh, darn it...and Sub Press has announced today that they have not one but TWO more Tudor books in the pipeline with The Drift already at the printer...I may have to be buried with my Tudor limited editions so that I may take them into the afterlife with me in order to finish them...

Comment

Finally -- finally! -- geting around to A CHILD ALONE WITH STRANGERS by Philip Fracassi. From everything I've heard (and the other books of his I've read), I'm expecting great things.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Finally -- finally! -- geting around to A CHILD ALONE WITH STRANGERS by Philip Fracassi. From everything I've heard (and the other books of his I've read), I'm expecting great things.
            I have that on-deck. Let us know your thoughts, please!
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

I have that on-deck. Let us know your thoughts, please!
              Will do. I've steered away from thick doorstop books like this in recent years, but if the first few chapters are any indication, this should read faster than I fear it otherwise might.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
              X