No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well just finished "The Eaters of the Dead" by Michael Crichton, most may know the film adaption "The 13th Warrior".
    Worth reading, but the film is much better.

Comment

Finally finished The Ritual by Adam Nevill - it was a long read, and pretty good overall. The ending seemed abrupt considering how long the descriptives were at times, which is one drawback for me. Pretty good survival, lost in the woods type of read.

I am now reading Slade House by David Mitchell - it is my first Mitchell book. Quite an odd, but interesting start to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
        Well just finished "The Eaters of the Dead" by Michael Crichton, most may know the film adaption "The 13th Warrior".
        Worth reading, but the film is much better.
        Agree. Was an awesome flick. One I've watched many times.

Comment

Can't believe I've waited this long to read Duma Key but I'm rounding third and headed for home. Wow, what an amazing read and story! There are several of King's book that I still have yet to read for some reason or another I never seemed to have gotten to. I'm really wanting to dive into The Talisman soon but I'm holding out that it will be a trilogy and I can read them all back to back.

Spoiler!

Comment

Most of the way through The Dragonbone Throne by Tad Williams, looking to start up The Last Wish for a group read on Goodreads next month.

Comment

Strawberry Man by Eric Shapiro. Circus Boy (Based on the TV series) by Gordon Grimsley.

Cap
              Last edited by c marvel; 02-24-2016, 03:56 AM.
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Finished Slade House by David Mitchell - really liked this one. Good flow, good story line with back story included. Would definitely read more by him (wouldn't mind to read The Bone Clocks).

Now - some classic sci-fi Arthur C Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama

Comment

Rendezvous with Rama was a pretty good read, and despite it's age, did not feel dated one bit - one of the great things are Clarke as a writer!

This weekend, I stumbled upon an author signing/promotion at my local Chapters. Picked up his short story collection (debut book) The Space Between Houses. Jumping into that, and hoping to see local write Christian Laforet have some success - maybe one day we will be hearing about him in the pages of CD magazine even!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                    Rendezvous with Rama was a pretty good read, and despite it's age, did not feel dated one bit - one of the great things are Clarke as a writer!
                    I love this book!
                    Did you read the sequels??

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      I love this book!
                      Did you read the sequels??

sk
                      No, not yet. I may have RAMAII on my shelf - would have to check. I know it's easily available. I think I will try to track it down if I don't have it. There are quite a few questions left unanswered, or Clarke left a lot open for a sequel (even though I believe that wasn't his intention when he wrote it). I really enjoy Clarke's work - as dated as they are in terms of when published - most of the time, you can't even tell. My Dad had his entire collection, but lost it all (and his other sci-fi stuff, Asimov, Star Wars books, others like Anne McAffery, as well as an OMNI magazine collection) in a flooded basement about 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                        No, not yet. I may have RAMAII on my shelf - would have to check. I know it's easily available. I think I will try to track it down if I don't have it. There are quite a few questions left unanswered, or Clarke left a lot open for a sequel (even though I believe that wasn't his intention when he wrote it). I really enjoy Clarke's work - as dated as they are in terms of when published - most of the time, you can't even tell. My Dad had his entire collection, but lost it all (and his other sci-fi stuff, Asimov, Star Wars books, others like Anne McAffery, as well as an OMNI magazine collection) in a flooded basement about 15 years ago.
                        Sorry to hear about that. I know it was a long time ago but I cringe when I hear about collections lost to water damage.

Comment

Just finished a short story collection by a local author Christian Laforest The Space Between Houses. Solid little collection, and hoping to see this author go big one day!

Now - starting my first Alastair Reynolds - Pushing Ice

Comment

I'm about halfway through my Epic Shannara Quest (I'm up to the Heritage of Shannara series) and am taking abreak with a sci-fi classic on my tbr: From the Earth to the Moon.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I've started Marko Kloss's military sci-fi trilogy, Terms of Enlistment, Line of Departure and Angles of Attack. A bit rainy today, have a nice Easter, a nice Sunday, or both, as you prefer lol!! Salomon for supper at our house.

Comment

Managed to obtain a digital galley of The Fireman so I am setting everything else aside to read that. Just getting started but I will say that this story grabs you right from the start!

Comment

Working...
                                X