No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this counts because it's not a novel: Berlin 1961.
    But I'm also still trying to read FDNS by King. It's easier for me to read short stories or novellas since novels take too long and I get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmalka View Post
      I'm about to get sarted on either McCammon's Boy's Life or possibly Hill's Horns. Any suggestion's as to which should go first (keeping in mind they'll both get a turn)?
      Boy's Life is my absolute favorite McCammon.
      I haven't read Hill's Horns yet, and I don't think I will. The subject matter doesn't really appeal to me. Most poeple I know really like it, though.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        Boy's Life is my absolute favorite McCammon.
        I haven't read Hill's Horns yet, and I don't think I will. The subject matter doesn't really appeal to me. Most poeple I know really like it, though.

sk
        I couldn't get into Boy's Life but I thought Swan Song was one of the best novels I've ever read. Much better than The Stand, and no, I'm not dissing King again.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
          I couldn't get into Boy's Life but I thought Swan Song was one of the best novels I've ever read. Much better than The Stand, and no, I'm not dissing King again.
          Of course not; but I assume you're talking about the complete and uncut version of The Stand.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I just started reading Hogfather by Terry Pratchett. After that, I'm deciding between King Blood by Simon Clark or The Five by Robert McCammon...
            Last edited by thelion; 06-26-2011, 06:10 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
              If you're serious with your last remark, why always the King comparison?

sk

Comment

sk
                Well, it wouldn't be an effective argument is he said Swan Song was better than Sorority Shiskabob by Zachariah Bumwhacker...
                Last edited by srboone; 06-26-2011, 08:14 AM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

sk
                  Simply because that's virtually all we've been discussing: Stephen King.
                  Besides, a lot of guys had to come out with an end-of the-world type novel after King wrote The Stand...and that's a credit to King, isn't it? I always thought McCammon's Swan Song was sort of a copy-cat thing of The Stand, I just liked it better, that's all.

Comment

Horns is one of my favourite books EVER, not many books have given me such emotion as to make me want to cry for the characters but that did!

Comment

Now I am reading Valley of the Dolls. On writing was a great book. I love how honest King is.

Comment

Dark Masques - J.N. Williamson

Comment

Just coming to the end of King Blood. Has forgotten what a great story this was. Many thanks to CD for the chance to re-read this one.

Comment

Dan Simmon's Summer of Night. Fun and Games Duane Swierczynski.

Comment

I read Velley of the Dolls I think when I was about a Senior in high school, about 20 years ago; good book!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                Dan Simmon's Summer of Night. Fun and Games Duane Swierczynski.
                                That, and Carrion Comfort were the only two Dan Simmons books I liked.
                                Now I've finally started my limited ed. of Triage. Hope I can finish it...

Comment

Working...
                                X