What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    Pete, You're in for some tasty reading there. Enjoy!

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    OOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    I've waited so long to read this book and will keep on waiting till the series is complete.
    Do let us know if it's worth the wait!

sk
    150 pages into the book....

WOW!!!!!

Don't wait, such a great book! I really didn't expect such a good read, but all it took was the first 20 or so pages and I was hooked! I'm glad I finally decided I had waited enough and that it was time to check this out.

Comment

"Fly-By-Nights" by Lumley

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        150 pages into the book....

WOW!!!!!

Don't wait, such a great book!
        I don't want to wait, but I don't really have a choice.
        Well, of course I do, but I mean the waiting time in-between books of this series is only growing larger:
        Two years between one and two, two between two and three, five between three and four and an incredible six years between parts four and five.
        So, if we're lucky, wel'll beseeing the sixth (and final??) book somewhere around 2017/18.
        If I start reading now, I'll never remember what came before and will have to start all over again. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, of course, but still.
        I think I'll just wait till the whole thing is finished.

Glad you love the book, though!

sk

Comment

Currently enjoying Four Legs in the Morning by Norm Prentiss. This has three stories, I have completed the first two and I am currently about halfway through the third. Very enjoyable read so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Currently enjoying Four Legs in the Morning by Norm Prentiss. This has three stories, I have completed the first two and I am currently about halfway through the third. Very enjoyable read so far.
            Debating whether to read that one next or not. I already know I'll buy that one and Torn when announced if I can afford them, so might just wait until then to read them
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I will finish Four Legs in the Morning tonight and may start Torn next.
              Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
              Debating whether to read that one next or not. I already know I'll buy that one and Torn when announced if I can afford them, so might just wait until then to read them

Comment

I likely will read both Four Legs in the Morning and Torn since I don't want to wait until they are released, though I will still end up buying them anyway most likely
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                  cdfan, that's quite a good book. I read it in high school, and it really affected me, making a staunch conservative very anti-war for quite a long time. In fact I think that book was a factor in why I didn't accept the Navy's offer to come to the Naval Academy when I graduated high school.
                  Thanks for sharing that, it really did turn out to be a very good book. The book as a whole was different from what what I expected and the last half really pulled me in.

Next: The Best of Joe R. Lansdale

Comment

On vacation last week...my beach reads were: "Scissors" by RAY GARTON and an anthology called "The Sound of Horror".

This week I'm reading "Man of Constant Sorrow" by RALPH STANLEY as well as "There Will Be No year" by BLAKE BUTLER. I love his non-conforming style of prose.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
                      Currently reading Full Dark, No Stars ("1922"); just finished Ketchum's The Lost, yesterday.
                      I finished all of the stories in FD,NS, and now I am reading Vacations from Hell, a book of horror short stories written for and about teen girls. It's my wife's book, but I figured I'd broaden my horizons.

Comment

"Necroscope- The Plague Bearer" Lumley, again

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
                          I finished all of the stories in FD,NS, and now I am reading Vacations from Hell, a book of horror short stories written for and about teen girls. It's my wife's book, but I figured I'd broaden my horizons.
                          So are they any good? Or is a teen girl's version of a vacation in hell one where she forgets to pack her eye liner and has no cute boys to talk to all summer?

Comment

Anyone read much by James Herbert? Over the past few months i have read 4 of his books and loved everyone, managed to purchase the limiteds on offer from Centipede Press and it really is a joy reading a copy of 'The Dark' from them at the moment!

Comment

Reading Watchers right now. Not particulary hooked yet (only on chpt4), but maybe it will get better. Funny, 25 years ago, I would have stopped reading without hesitation, but I have enough things left undone in my life, I don't need anymore.

Of course, I'm listening "The Odyssey: A Modern Sequel" by Nikos Kazantzakis, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" by T.E. Lawrence and "The Complete Tales of Uncle Remus" by Joel Chandler Harris call to me (my own personal sirens)...

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                              Anyone read much by James Herbert?
                              I read Dune in high school, liked it, but not enough to get involved with the series...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                                Anyone read much by James Herbert? Over the past few months i have read 4 of his books and loved everyone
                                I used to read him faithfully, years ago, and enjoyed his books very much.
                                Over the years that has changed.
                                It must be at least fifteen years since I've read one of his books.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X