What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    I forgot to mention my current read. Joe Hill's "Heart Shaped Box".
    That is an excellent book.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'm currently reading The Hot Blood Series-- Stranger by Night-- Edited by Jeff Gelb and Michael Garrett. Not bad so far!

Comment

Currently reading Ray Garton's Death Hunt on Evroon
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Half-way through. Not too bad, finally vampires that don't sparkle or are not obsessed with small town Louisiana girls...

Comment

Depends where I am and yes I like to rotate chapters
            Bedroom:
            King's Under The Dome
            Hamilton's Danse Macabre
            Robb's Visions in Death
            Living Room:
            Garton's Night Life
            Adam's Wastelands
            1st bathroom:
            Patterson's Swimsuit
            2nd bathroom
            Harris's Shakespeare's Landlord
            On Cooler Ereader:
            Cronin's The Passage
            Apex magazine
            On Zune:
            Just finished Burrough's The Monster Men, will start The Mad King

Comment

Finished Rose Madder a couple of days ago, but I've been busy. I'm just starting Dark Matter by Peter Straub.
              www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King

It's immaculate!

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
                  'Salem's Lot by Stephen King

It's immaculate!
                  Very good tale!

Comment

Even better for me after reading the entire DT series.

Comment

Just starting out on the Dark Tower with the Donald Grant "Little Sisters of Eluria" edition, then the remaining volumes.
                      Previously read up to Volume 5, now only getting around to the full story.

Comment

Originally posted by hamount View Post
                        I'm just starting Dark Matter by Peter Straub.
                        Excellent choice. A great book!

I'm reading Embassytown by China Mieville, one of my favourite 'newly' discovered authors. The things he can do with words!!

Also reading a short story collection by Lucius Shepard. Most excellent!

Anyone into audio books? I'm just wrapping up The Dark Tower series. I have an hour journey to work every day so it passes the time nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickmarseviltwin View Post
                          I'm reading Embassytown by China Mieville, one of my favourite 'newly' discovered authors. The things he can do with words!!
                          Embassytown is a great book. Mieville's manipulation of language is what keeps me coming back to him!

I'm reading Dreamcatcher by King right now--I understand people's criticism of the book, but I'm enjoying the grim nastiness of the whole mess--right now anyway.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Embassytown is a great book. Mieville's manipulation of language is what keeps me coming back to him!

I'm reading Dreamcatcher by King right now--I understand people's criticism of the book, but I'm enjoying the grim nastiness of the whole mess--right now anyway.
                            I need to read that one. The movie really was terrible IMO and I haven't been so eager to check out the book. But I love King, so I'll get to it as soon as I read some other books that have been waiting for their turn to come up.

Comment

My book collection is so big now, and I'm reading so slowly, that I've avoided the library for years. But now that the little one is reading, and the wife doesn't want the house filling up with books for him too, we've been going to the library every three weeks. I've been checking out audiobooks for myself and am currently listening to "The Shining". It's probably been 20 years since I've read it and it's a welcome revisit to the Overlook. I'd never realized how good the POV use was, even that early in King's career.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I'm currently listening to BAD CHILI by Joel R Lansdale and am eagerly awaiting FLASHBACK by Dan Simmons. I've pre-ordered the iBook for my new iPad 2 and have already read the preview they give you which was around 75 pages (seemed like less than that though).

Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X