• Show
Clear All

1. Horns
    2. Heart Shaped Box
    3. 20th Century Ghosts
    4. NOS4A2
    5. The Fireman
    6. Strange Weather

7. Haven't read Gunpowder (haven't found a fairly priced copy on the secondary market yet), Won't read Locke and Key as I can't do a comic series (premise does sound really cool), Won't read Full Throttle until I get my SubPress limited that I have preordered.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      1. Horns
      2. Heart Shaped Box
      3. 20th Century Ghosts
      4. NOS4A2
      5. The Fireman
      6. Strange Weather

7. Haven't read Gunpowder (haven't found a fairly priced copy on the secondary market yet), Won't read Locke and Key as I can't do a comic series (premise does sound really cool), Won't read Full Throttle until I get my SubPress limited that I have preordered.
      Understandable not being into comics but you're missing out on a great story IMO. Check the HC's out from your local library and you wouldn't have to purchase them. Not sure if they would have Gunpowder.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Understandable not being into comics but you're missing out on a great story IMO. Check the HC's out from your local library and you wouldn't have to purchase them. Not sure if they would have Gunpowder.
        That's a good idea! Never thought to see if the library might have issues of Locke & Key to check out. That would give me a way to try them out without purchasing. I do enjoy comics; however, I just don't want to go down that collecting rabbit hole considering what I spend on traditional books. The non-stop variants issued by comic companies these days also really bothers me. Seems like a money grab and a real hassle for collectors to track them all down. Just my opinion.

Comment

That's a good idea! Never thought to see if the library might have issues of Locke & Key to check out. That would give me a way to try them out without purchasing. I do enjoy comics; however, I just don't want to go down that collecting rabbit hole considering what I spend on traditional books. The non-stop variants issued by comic companies these days also really bothers me. Seems like a money grab and a real hassle for collectors to track them all down. Just my opinion.
          As a comic book collector, it's a real PITA with all the variants. Because they know I have to have them all! I'm getting away from anything not Hill/Rodriguez related though.

Comment

Do check with your library. I know the local library system here stocks to full set. As Brain861 stated it is a great story and would be in any format!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Love how diverse our opinions are. Kind of fun seeing the lists.
              I agree. Funny how NOS4A2 is all over the board.

Comment

NOVEMBER ROAD, Lou Berney. Only a few chapters in, so too early to tell, but at the very least Berney knows how to write and has a voice well-matched to the historical noir he’s telling.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I finished reading Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley, it was great! I've temporarily set aside Snow Upon the Desert by J Russell Warren. I'm now reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, The Tips by Bill Walker--Disappointing and McKain's Dilemma by Chet Williamson--This book is really good so far.

Cap
                  Last edited by c marvel; 11-16-2019, 10:29 PM.
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I am reading Dracula by Bram Stoker and The Tips by Bill Walker--The Tips is uneven, disappointing. I finished The Reaper by Wrath James White. This mini novella was good. It's done as a countdown from Chapter 10 to Chapter 0. In one of the last chapters the author clearly seems to get one character confused with a different character. I guess the author and the editor (whoever proofread The Reaper) both missed this error.

Cap

Comment

Am about halfway through James A. Moore's "Slices". First time read for me. So far, I'm really liking it. While I have really enjoyed his novels, I think his short story work is even better!

Comment

Am about halfway through James A. Moore's "Slices". First time read for me. So far, I'm really liking it. While I have really enjoyed his novels, I think his short story work is even better!
                        I have Slices, I haven't read it yet. ~Cap

Comment

AGENTS OF TREACHERY, an espionage anthology edited by Otto Penzler. This is my first espionage reading in some time, though I read quite a bit of the stuff back in the ‘90s and enjoyed it. I’ve been wanting to revisit those good memories, and am hoping this’ll do the trick.

Comment

A suggestion for those of us that read Fantasy/Epic Fantasy/Sword & Sorcery, well you get the gist, I read a very interesting article about John M. Ford, much of his work is coming back in print via Tor Books next year and Neil Gaiman mentioned that Ford's The Dragon Waiting is one of his favorite books, in fact Gene Wolfe said, "The Best mingling of history with historical magic that I have ever seen. It may not become a classic; but it will be something better-one of those books that are always loved by people who love books." I'm about half way through and I have to agree, it is magical. Highly recommended!!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              AGENTS OF TREACHERY, an espionage anthology edited by Otto Penzler. This is my first espionage reading in some time, though I read quite a bit of the stuff back in the ‘90s and enjoyed it. I’ve been wanting to revisit those good memories, and am hoping this’ll do the trick.
                              The reviews on this one were lukewarm, and unfortunately they were correct. Oh well.

Now onto THE MURDER OF JESUS CHRIST by John R. Little, published by, I think, Bad Moon Books.

Comment

I read Naughty by Monte Schulz-Based on the true story of Iva Kroeger and her husband Ralph, who were indicted for the murders of Mildred and Jay Arneson in 1962. Naught was a very interesting read. I am going back to reading The Tips by Bill Walker and Dracula by Bram Sroker.

Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X