No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After skimming through my library on my Kobo, decided to go with Oblivion. Good start to it.

Comment

The Caretaker was enjoyable (political intrigue thrillers really aren't my thing). But Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn IS and that's next!
      Last edited by srboone; 03-23-2013, 02:17 PM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I've been stuck on Breathing Method. I generally read on my lunch and before bed but i've been taking short lunches to make up time and too tired at night. I can't decide whats next. I've been reading alot of the movie ones lately so I am thinking Four Past Midnight(Cuz I love Johnny Depp and would love to rewatch Secret Window) and the dead zone because a few people here said the movie was good and i like Christopher Walken.

Also since I said I'm reading The Breating Method you should now know that I have recently rewatched The Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil(Which I still hate and the novella is not half as disturbing as i found it in high school) and Stand by Me. Two of those being EXCELLENT movies.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Once you start, there's bound to be some system shock, but just go with it. Characters you loved in the first one, you'll probably hate in the second.
          I just finished The Regulators. Not what I expected after reading Desp. Tragic ending but as I approached the ending I couldn't see anything else happening.
          Don't know what to read next. Feel like I need to read something with a happier ending now.
          Last edited by subie09lega; 03-25-2013, 04:55 PM. Reason: Removed spoiler

Comment

You can't go wrong with Four Past Midnight or Dead Zone.
            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            I've been stuck on Breathing Method. I generally read on my lunch and before bed but i've been taking short lunches to make up time and too tired at night. I can't decide whats next. I've been reading alot of the movie ones lately so I am thinking Four Past Midnight(Cuz I love Johnny Depp and would love to rewatch Secret Window) and the dead zone because a few people here said the movie was good and i like Christopher Walken.

Also since I said I'm reading The Breating Method you should now know that I have recently rewatched The Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil(Which I still hate and the novella is not half as disturbing as i found it in high school) and Stand by Me. Two of those being EXCELLENT movies.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
              I just finished The Regulators. Not what I expected after reading Desp.
              Spoilers!!!!
              Last edited by Joe315; 03-23-2013, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                Spoilers!!!!
                Oh crud, I didn't even think of that. I figured I am about the last one to read it. Sorry if I ruined it for anyone.

Comment

I'll just have to forget when I read it. No worries.

Comment

Stephenson's "Reamde" (but given the coloring in the title, I still say it's actually titled "read me").

Finished "Snowcrash" by same today. Good, but the ending could have been a bit better.

Comment

Just finished The Prophet by Koryta. I enjoyed it. Cliche, but it was a page turner.

Comment

Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn was exactlty as advertised--epic. A great conclusion to a great series. A little confusion still exists about some events, but I'll sort it out after thinking about it some more. A distressing note: Catherine (a major caracter in the resolution of the drama) is referred to twice on page 186 as Caroline. How does something like that happen? I suppose a misspelling or misuse of a word or two I can understand, but something like that is bizarre to me. Oh well. Still an outstanding 5th vol to the TQ series.

I should start another good reads win, but I have too many books backing up my TBR, so The Lords of Salem by Rob Zombie and B. K. Evensen will be up next.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Currently reading: Three Supernatural Classics by Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Onto The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition. I've never read it before, so I'll be able to cross a classic of my TBR list.

Comment

I'm currently mowing through Coldbrook by Tim Lebbon, my first zombie novel (hard to avoid them and vampires these days). I thought I'd save my Z-cherry for an author I've been meaning to read for a while. It's a long 'un but, so far, a good 'un.
                              The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
                              Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
                              ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

I actually didn't get any reading in this weekend..... last weekend for the kids I coach in hockey, plus the usual hustle and bustle of everyday life....

I am working my way through Oblivion and I have to say, I am really enjoying this. Good Kobo read! The chapters are short, which helps it move along, plus the story itself is a quick pace. My first book by Bonansinga too.

Comment

Working...
                                X