Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4191

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I finished reading I'll Bring You The Birds From Out Of The Sky by Brian Hodge. I'm really into Vessels (Timmy Quinn series-Book 3) by Kealan Patrick Burke and will read next Timmy Quinn Book 4: Peregrine's Tale. Than I'll take a break before tackling Nemesis which I believe is over 1,000 pages. I've been on a series reading kick. I finished all of the books in Steven E Wedel's The Werewolf Saga.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I finished reading I'll Bring You The Birds From Out Of The Sky by Brian Hodge. I'm really into Vessels (Timmy Quinn series-Book 3) by Kealan Patrick Burke and will read next Timmy Quinn Book 4: Peregrine's Tale. Than I'll take a break before tackling Nemesis which I believe is over 1,000 pages. I've been on a series reading kick. I finished all of the books in Steven E Wedel's The Werewolf Saga.

Cap
    I am not in a position to check right now but I am positive Nemesis is nowhere near 1,000 pages. I do not think the entire Timmy Quinn series reaches 1,000 pages. Really good reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am not in a position to check right now but I am positive Nemesis is nowhere near 1,000 pages. I do not think the entire Timmy Quinn series reaches 1,000 pages. Really good reading!
    I am in a position to check Mr Martin. I have Nemesis as an ebook and that edition, just the novel itself, is over 1,000 pages. ~Cap

I am in a position to check Mr Martin. I have Nemesis as an ebook and that edition, just the novel itself, is over 1,000 pages. ~Cap
    That is strange. I did check amazon and they list the paperback at 334 and the Kindle edition at 335. Those numbers are more in line with what I remember the hard
    bound being.

That is strange. I did check amazon and they list the paperback at 334 and the Kindle edition at 335. Those numbers are more in line with what I remember the hard
    bound being.
    Perhaps it is because of the edition or file type I have? I made sure to say I am going by my ebook edition. ~Cap

Perhaps it is because of the edition or file type I have? I made sure to say I am going by my ebook edition. ~Cap
    It is a good story, as are all the Timmy Quinn books.

I finished Vessels (Timmy Quinn series-Book 3) by Kealan Patrick Burke and read Timmy Quinn Book 4: Peregrine's Tale. Now, I'm starting the Fredric Brown double-novel The Far Cry / The Screaming Mimi.

Cap

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Just finished Leo Carew's The Wolf and started Clea's Moon by Edward Wright. It's the first of a trilogy featuring John Ray Horn, screen Cowboy turned debt collector investigator in 1940/50s Hollywood.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 06-24-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Currently reading Fletcher's A BOY AND HIS DOG AT THE END OF THE WORLD. So far, so good, but it is early.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Currently reading Fletcher's A BOY AND HIS DOG AT THE END OF THE WORLD. So far, so good, but it is early.
    One of the my favorite reads this Summer Ron.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    One of the my favorite reads this Summer Ron.
    This is why I like these forums. Book recommendations for books I would have never heard of before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    This is why I like these forums. Book recommendations for books I would have never heard of before.
    You're right Ben, over the years, I've gotten so many great recommendations for our Forum, lots of well read/wide folks!

Ben, I should be able to give my quick take on it in a few days...

Junior Member Visitor
    Just finished: THE SENTENCE IS DEATH by Anthony Horowitz, ENDURANCE by J. A. Konrath, DARK SITE by Patrick Lee, RECURSION by Blake Crouch. Just started THREE LAWS LETHAL by David Walton.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jargendeli View Post
    Just finished: THE SENTENCE IS DEATH by Anthony Horowitz, ENDURANCE by J. A. Konrath, DARK SITE by Patrick Lee, RECURSION by Blake Crouch. Just started THREE LAWS LETHAL by David Walton.

Jim
    I really dug RECURSION.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    It is a good story, as are all the Timmy Quinn books.
    Absolutely! Mr. Burke is a very talented writer. I will have to post a pic of my KPB collection some day...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Reading Still Life With Cross by Preston and Child. Also working on Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones. Like Crows not quite sure what I feel about Mongrels. I like the story but I don't like the way it's being told. In my experience with Stephen Graham Jones this is an on going problem.He tells good stories but his voice doesn't come through.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Reading Still Life With Cross by Preston and Child. Also working on Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones. Like Crows not quite sure what I feel about Mongrels. I like the story but I don't like the way it's being told. In my experience with Stephen Graham Jones this is an on going problem.He tells good stories but his voice doesn't come through.
    That’s been my experience as well, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    This is a really slow, slow burn, and I’m having trouble keeping up any momentum with it. I’m about 2/3 of the way through, and not sure if I’m going to reach the finish line. Too much meandering and stalled plotting, too much internal exposition about things of no consequence (a page+ describing a fallen tree?), and the basis of the book — chasing a man who stole his dog — is just a tiny fraction of the book, the rest taken up with musings and meandering...there’s little threat, little menace to keep the reader compelled, let alone engaged. This feels like a book in search of a story arc, and settling instead for fractured bits and pieces.

There were some laggy parts, maybe I was in a reflective mood, but I enjoyed it. I will say, it is not action driven LOL!!