What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I already have another one of her books in my tbr pile. It's a paperback of 2 of her novellas.
    I have decided to go with Seed next.

Comment

Finally wrapped up Sleeping Beauties. Glad it is over.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Finally wrapped up Sleeping Beauties. Glad it is over.
        It definitely could have been shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          It definitely could have been shorter.

Comment

Started this yesterday, and so far pretty strong ...

The Fiends in the Furrows: An Anthology of Folk Horror

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Fiends+in...f=nb_sb_noss_2
            Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Read The Girl on the Porch by Richard Chizmar over the weekend and it is a great read!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Read The Girl on the Porch by Richard Chizmar over the weekend and it is a great read!
                Getting mine tonight! I'll be reading that one after Kin and Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  Getting mine tonight! I'll be reading that one after Kin and Something Wicked This Way Comes.
                  Those are some good October reads!

Comment

Started on Brother. I'm 80 pages in and I'm liking it so far.

Comment

Finished - At Van Eyckmann's Request: A Hudson River Horror Story

Very interesting, and well written with plenty of action. My only complaint is that the author includes too much detail in the surroundings wherever that may be.

https://www.amazon.com/At-Van-Eyckma...s&sr=1-2-fkmr1

Reading - The Book Of Destiny
                      An in-depth analysis of the Apocalypse. Interesting, but very dense with with religious references and sourcing. I really need a nice long vacation to appreciate this in its entirety.

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Destiny-...s%2C134&sr=1-4
                      Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I finished reading The Sea Flower by Ruth Moore. I liked it a lot. I also finished reading Our Lady Of The Shadows by Tony Richards. That is an excellent collection. Now I'm finally going back to reading The Screaming Mimi-the second part of the Fredric Brown double I started earlier.

Cap
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Finished Brother and now need to find something else to read. I was not blown away by Brother but did like it. I will say I do not feel like it will ever be a re-read for me.

Comment

Finished Brother and now need to find something else to read. I was not blown away by Brother but did like it. I will say I do not feel like it will ever be a re-read for me.
                            I feel like I have to re-read it. Seems like it's one of those books that will feel very different when you read it after knowing how it all turns out.
                            Last edited by jeffingoff; 10-16-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I don't really want to say anything here but:

Spoiler!

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              I feel like I have to re-read it. Seems like it's one of those books that will feel very different when you read it after knowing how it all turns out.
                              Edit: Deleted spoiler because spoiler text shows up in post description when clicking on "new posts" at top of page.
                              Last edited by Ben Staad; 10-16-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I don't really want to say anything here but:

Spoiler!

Edit: Deleted spoiler because spoiler text shows up in post description when clicking on "new posts" at top of page.
                                Yeah I hate how the spoiler doesn't hide in the preview window on the latest post feed. You could pad your paragraph before the spoiler so the spoiler is pushed further down until there's no room for it to appear in the preview window.

Comment

Working...
                                X