What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    THE BOTTOMS is a fantastic one...definitely among my top three Lansdales.
    Yeah, I think I pursued it on your strong recommendation. For me his top three:

1. The Thicket
    2. Paradise Sky
    3. The Bottoms

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Yeah, I think I pursued it on your strong recommendation. For me his top three:

1. The Thicket
      2. Paradise Sky
      3. The Bottoms
      Paradise Sky and The Thicker are BETTER? Oh man, and I've been telling myself I don't need to by those two limited editions...

Comment

My top three Lansdale (as of today, anyhow...could change on any given day, I suppose) works are:

1). THE BOTTOMS
        2). THE DRIVE-IN 1
        3). Tie between THE MAGIC WAGON, FREEZER BURN, THE NIGHTRUNNERS, FENDER LIZARDS, and ALL THE EARTH, THROWN TO THE SKY
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          My top three Lansdale (as of today, anyhow...could change on any given day, I suppose) works are:

1). THE BOTTOMS
          2). THE DRIVE-IN 1
          3). Tie between THE MAGIC WAGON, FREEZER BURN, THE NIGHTRUNNERS, FENDER LIZARDS, and ALL THE EARTH, THROWN TO THE SKY
          Yeah I loved the first Drive In! I read it as part of Centipede's omnibus edition.

Fact is, almost every Lansdale book is a great time. The ONLY one I didn't absolutely love was Bubba and the Cosmic Bloodsuckers. It was just very meh for me which is about as bad as Lansdale can get.

I have Magic Wagon, Freezer Burn, Leather Maiden, Sunset and Sawdust, Act of Love, Cosmic Interruptions, MIA Hunter, Dead on the Bones, and a whole shitload of Hap and Leonard to get to.

Comment

Just finished Joe Lansdale's "Cold in July". Really liked it but wished it would have been longer. Fun to see characters from some of his previous novels make an appearance. Definitely recommend it to Lansdale fans. Am now beginning Edward Lee's "The Chosen".

Comment

Reading: VALERIE AND OTHER STORIES by Colin Insole

I really enjoy the writing in these interesting stories.

Listening: THE STRANGE CASE OF CHARLES DEXTER WARD podcast from the BBC.

An excellent modern riff on the H. P. Lovecraft story. I download and play in my car on my commute. Nicely done.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06spb8w

*Finished listening to THE STRANGE CASE OF CHARLES DEXTER WARD podcast from the BBC and it was excellent!
              Last edited by njhorror; 02-20-2019, 04:49 PM.
              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Reading (finally) COLD CITY by F. Paul Wilson. Finished THE HIDING PLACE by C. J. Tudor. Really enjoyed this book. While I did thought here first book was a good read (good, not great) her latest was a more thrilling read. Yes, she used a Stephen King plot element (which King borrowed form a short story himself) but I read it as an homage. Still well worth your time. I read this one really fast. Could not wait to get back to it between reading times.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                  Reading (finally) COLD CITY by F. Paul Wilson. Finished THE HIDING PLACE by C. J. Tudor. Really enjoyed this book. While I did thought here first book was a good read (good, not great) her latest was a more thrilling read. Yes, she used a Stephen King plot element (which King borrowed form a short story himself) but I read it as an homage. Still well worth your time. I read this one really fast. Could not wait to get back to it between reading times.

Jim
                  I like what I'm hearing about CJ Tudor. I have Chalk Man on order from SubPress. Happy to follow a new author!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    I like what I'm hearing about CJ Tudor. I have Chalk Man on order from SubPress. Happy to follow a new author!
                    I have that on order from them via Camelot as well. I recently picked up 1st/1st US & UK trades of the book. Also purchased The Hiding Place the other day which SubPress will me doing a limited of as well.

Comment

Am now beginning a reread of Jeff Vandermeer's "Bourne" as I was able to snag a copy of the SubPress limited edition. Happy to dive back into this world as I'm a huge Vandermeer man. On that note, has anyone read his novel "Finch"? Would love to hear your take as I've been debating picking this one up as its a bit pricey on the secondary market. Loved his prior Ambergis works.

Comment

Pop_the_Clutch_Art_228_3D.gif
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm now reading Motley Crue's The Dirt in preparation for the movie airing on Netflix later this month.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonUK View Post
                            I'm now reading Motley Crue's The Dirt in preparation for the movie airing on Netflix later this month.
                            Get the Kleenex ready for the part about Vince’s daughter. Heartbreaking!

Comment

Currently reading Between the Tracks - Tales from the Ghost Train to start my reread of The Twelve (Book II of the Passage trilogy) tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it the first time around.

B.

Comment

I've set aside The Divine Eccentric: Lola Montez And The Newspapers by Doris Foley. I finished reading Rain Dogs by Gary McMahon. I've set aside Racing the Sunrise: Reinforcing America's Pacific Outposts, 1941-1942 by Glen M Williford for now. I just finished half of a Lancer Books 2 For 1. I read French Maid by Morton Cooper. The other half (Book) is The Naked Canvas by William Arnold.

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X