What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I really respect Jerad's committment to the old Noir writers. The Woolrich set is fantastic and his plans to follow up with the "Black Series" have got me jumping for joy. I'm really hoping he'll do a Charles Willeford set one day. If you haven't picked up the Grind Show/Nightmare Alley by Gresham, get them. I think they're on sale.
    Yep, have all the books by Thompson, Woolrich, Gresham, and a number of the HCs he put out when first getting started (Goodis, Thompson, Brown, Bardin, et al), though I missed out on Williams' THE HOT SPOT...need to track that one down one of these days.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I completely agree with comments about CP's current roster. I need to pick up more of their crime/noir fiction. I have the Thompson set (and would love another, he's one my favourite authors) and a couple others as well but there's always more to be added.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Oh, and (again) speaking of Centipede, I just received the new Michael Reaves collection, CODE 666 AND OTHER STORIES. Don't know much about Reaves, but the production of the volume is the usual top-notch quality I've come to expect from this press. I hope the content within matches the production.
        I can vouch for this book - the first half, anyway. Have already come across a show-stopper here with "The Legend of the Midnight Cruiser."

Enjoy!
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Another author I've never heard of ... And the unsigned Grindshow is under thirty bucks. So tempting ...

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          I really respect Jerad's committment to the old Noir writers. The Woolrich set is fantastic and his plans to follow up with the "Black Series" have got me jumping for joy. I'm really hoping he'll do a Charles Willeford set one day. If you haven't picked up the Grind Show/Nightmare Alley by Gresham, get them. I think they're on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Yep, have all the books by Thompson, Woolrich, Gresham, and a number of the HCs he put out when first getting started (Goodis, Thompson, Brown, Bardin, et al), though I missed out on Williams' THE HOT SPOT...need to track that one down one of these days.
            I believe that Camelot still has copies available for under $50.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              My Centipede set was delivered yesterday. It is definitely a top notch production. Even the slipcase is beautiful. I'm excited to give this one a read. (Probably not until February of next year.)

Speaking of Centipede, I also picked up their non-matching numbered set of the Jim Thompson novels. Another author that I've never read before but the material looked interesting and the fact Jared was selling them for $25 each made it an easy purchase.
              I've been eyeing that sale for the Thompson books as well. It seems like when it rains it pours because I just stumbled upon a lettered edition I want as well so now I have to decide between the two. The new Woolrich books coming up from Centipede look good, too! I wish I had gotten in on the first five books they offered. Trying to find decent priced copies of two of the volumes is proving to be difficult.

Comment

Reading Imajica for the very first time, and man oh man it's a f*#king masterpiece!

Comment

Originally posted by markgunnells View Post
                  Reading Imajica for the very first time, and man oh man it's a f*#king masterpiece!
                  Not following, so you like it????

Comment

I don't know why it has taken me this long to get to it.

Comment

I don't know why it has taken me this long to get to it.
                      I met him when it came out in hardback at a signing and I still haven't gotten to it either. Sounds like I need to move it up the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        I've been eyeing that sale for the Thompson books as well. It seems like when it rains it pours because I just stumbled upon a lettered edition I want as well so now I have to decide between the two. The new Woolrich books coming up from Centipede look good, too! I wish I had gotten in on the first five books they offered. Trying to find decent priced copies of two of the volumes is proving to be difficult.
                        Well, both of these purchases got completely detailed due to a completely different book becoming available. I'll post pictures in the Recent Purchase thread when it arrives.

Comment

I picked up a 1st ed HC that I picked up, and it's been sitting on my shelf for a while. Still have not got to it, and I loved Weaveworld! Didn't care for Scarlet Gospels though. Imajica is one I will have to move to the top of the list. I think being a slower reader, and it being so big is the reason why I haven't got to it....yet.

I am reading The Bazaar of Bad Dreams right now. Liking it! Lots of "growing old" type of stories it seems.

Comment

Finished Imajica and I really think it is a brilliant piece of fiction. I'll be starting Bazzar of Bad Dreams next.

Comment

150 pages into King's 'Desperation', and thoroughly enjoying it. His character work is top-notch, as usual.

Comment

Agreed. I really enjoyed the book myself as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X