No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. I thought no one used that, I was trying to find a way to just delete the "what's new" section. There used to be a "new" section that was different. It just listed the threads that had new posts in them. It disappeared with an update some time ago though and I don't know why.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Interesting. I thought no one used that, I was trying to find a way to just delete the "what's new" section. There used to be a "new" section that was different. It just listed the threads that had new posts in them. It disappeared with an update some time ago though and I don't know why.
      The what's new section is the only one I use. Or more accurately, it's always my front door to the forum. I come in through there to see what others are commenting on before joining a conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        The what's new section is the only one I use. Or more accurately, it's always my front door to the forum. I come in through there to see what others are commenting on before joining a conversation.
        Interesting. See the "new" section used to just show the threads that had been commented on since you were last here, but not the actual comments themselves. I also view the forums a little differently than most people, as I look at / read every single new post that's made.

Instagram

Comment

I too use the "what's new" button to enter the forum. It is a great way to get caught up every day on what's going on. I would be lost without it.

Comment

Honestly at some point the forums are going to get a complete over haul. We're currently on vBulletin 4 but we own a license for vBulletin 5, we just never figured out how to migrate from 4 to 5. Once that happens the forums are probably going to change fairly drastically in terms of functionality and probably visually too.

Instagram

Comment

Honestly at some point the forums are going to get a complete over haul. We're currently on vBulletin 4 but we own a license for vBulletin 5, we just never figured out how to migrate from 4 to 5. Once that happens the forums are probably going to change fairly drastically in terms of functionality and probably visually too.
              Love the What's New button as well. Whatever the change, I'd like to see that stay. Does TDT.org use vBulletin 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Love the What's New button as well. Whatever the change, I'd like to see that stay. Does TDT.org use vBulletin 5?
                I actually had to go find it when this conversation started. I just look at threads with new posts since the last time I looked. I am generally lost anyways. TST is on vBulletin version 4.0.8 with the CD forum being on 4.2.2.

Comment

Now reading: Shaun Bythell’s CONFESSIONS OF A BOOKSELLER, the followup to DIARY OF A BOOKSELLER.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Finished up my yearly holiday reading of Roger Zelazny's A Night In The Lonesome October. Following up with The Pale Illuminations, Sarob Press.

Comment

Just finishing up a re-read of the SubPress limited of Hill's NOS4A2/Wraith. Will probably read James A. Moore's Blood Red trilogy next for my Halloween read and since the last volume, Bloodlines, just arrived in the mail yesterday.

Comment

Secret Stories: Tales from the Secret History by F. Paul Wilson

Excellent stories from the Secret History of the World. My favorite character, so far, is Detective Harrison in FACES.
                        Wilson's stories are comfortable and easy for me to get into. Must be a Jersey thing.
                        He was an interesting and captivating speaker when I saw him at a writer's group meeting years ago. He and Tom Monteleone were my favorites.
                        Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I finished reading The Screaming Mimi-the second part of the Fredric Brown double. I started reading Snow Upon The Desert by J Russell Warren. I'm currently reading and enjoying Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley.

Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Finally started on The Institute. I'm about 250 pages into this and loving it for the most part.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              Finally started on The Institute. I'm about 250 pages into this and loving it for the most part.
                              I'm nearing the end and it appears to be shaping up to one helluva conclusion. I was a little bored during middle of the book.

Comment

I really enjoyed The Institute from beginning to end.

Comment

Working...
                                X