No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading The Divine Eccentric: Lola Montez And The Newspapers by Doris Foley (I'm finally into it and it's a short paperback). I am also reading Rain Dogs by Gary McMahon and Racing the Sunrise: Reinforcing America's Pacific Outposts, 1941-1942 by Glen M Williford.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I’m about a fourth of the way through the first reread in far too many years of Pratchett and Gaiman’s Good Omens. Can’t rememeber how long it’s been but at least 11 years since that’s how long I’ve been using Goodreads.

Comment

I am finally going to sit down and read all of the Richard Matheson Evans Westerns, Journal of the Gun Years, The Gun Fight, By the Gun and Shadow on the Sun. I've had them for years and just haven't gotten to them.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          I am finally going to sit down and read all of the Richard Matheson Evans Westerns, Journal of the Gun Years, The Gun Fight, By the Gun and Shadow on the Sun. I've had them for years and just haven't gotten to them.
          You have some wonderful reading ahead of you...they’re great.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            You have some wonderful reading ahead of you...they’re great.
            Thanks Ron!

Comment

I Just finished Christopher Golden's "Straight On 'Til Morning". I really enjoyed it. It was one of those times where I just couldn't put the book down even though I had other things to do. Golden is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. I've loved some of his other books such as Strangewood, The Boys Are Back in Town, Ararat, Tin Men, & Snowblind. Looking forward to his upcoming "The Pandora Room". Am now going to begin the Centipede Press edition of Gary K. Wolf's "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?".

Comment

Finished the Centipede Press edition of Gary K. Wolf's "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?". Liked it but didn't love it. Definitely different from the movie. Am now reading Al Sarrantonio's "Orangefield" cycle as I was able to score a few of the books I was missing from the cycle (Orangefield & The Pumpkin Boy) the other day at a sale. Have liked the previous books I have read in the cycle and want to read them in the order they were released.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                  Finished the Centipede Press edition of Gary K. Wolf's "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?". Liked it but didn't love it. Definitely different from the movie.
                  I have very much been meaning to get to this. Almost picked it up yesterday morning, but went a different route. One day...

Comment

Started Malerman’s DAY OF THE PIG last night...thanks go to Martin for this ARC. A few chapters in, and am not yet convinced this will change my ‘meh’ take on his work, but am sticking with it until I just can’t do it anymore. Contrary to the tone of the previous sentence, I do remain optimistic...I’d really like to see in Malerman what many others do.

Comment

Started Malerman’s DAY OF THE PIG last night...thanks go to Martin for this ARC. A few chapters in, and am not yet convinced this will change my ‘meh’ take on his work, but am sticking with it until I just can’t do it anymore. Contrary to the tone of the previous sentence, I do remain optimistic...I’d really like to see in Malerman what many others do.
                      I again bumped this one down on my TBR list, hopefully it will pick up for you. I am currently enjoying 'This Dark Chest of Wonders' and 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'. One being a recent CD release and the other from the last batch of CD ARCs I received.

Comment

Many Are the Dead: A Raven's Shadow Novella Anthony Ryan. Really enjoyed this!
                        412NTcR0PuL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Comment

Just Finished Al Sarrantonio's "Orangefield" cycle. They were a fun read. Am now staring Joe Lansdale's "Hot in December". I'm a huge Lansdale fan; so, I have high expectations and hope it's as good as its companion piece, "Cold in July".

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                            Just Finished Al Sarrantonio's "Orangefield" cycle. They were a fun read. Am now staring Joe Lansdale's "Hot in December". I'm a huge Lansdale fan; so, I have high expectations and hope it's as good as its companion piece, "Cold in July".
                            I just finished The Bottoms. Fantastic Lansdale novel. Now I'm reading Inspection by Josh Malerman.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              I just finished The Bottoms. Fantastic Lansdale novel. Now I'm reading Inspection by Josh Malerman.
                              THE BOTTOMS is a fantastic one...definitely among my top three Lansdales.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                THE BOTTOMS is a fantastic one...definitely among my top three Lansdales.
                                Agreed. The Bottoms is SO GOOD.

Comment

Working...
                                X