What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I hope you meant to say -You walk into your library and carefully set the book down. Book tossers will not be tolerated here. Cap
    Don't worry, books are gently placed on pillows wrapped in 1000-thread count covers.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    On my daily walk at lunch I had this scary thought - that I did get the book but completely forgot about getting it and it’s in the library.

I’m going to check. Since my library isn’t fully put together yet, I just toss books into there.
    I checked said library - it took some time, but I definitely have my copy on a random shelf. Whoops!

The search did remind me that I need to order the next Tremblay book from SST - hello 15% off card.

Comment

Don't worry, books are gently placed on pillows wrapped in 1000-thread count covers.
      My pillows a stuffed with Emu feathers wrapped around Pygmy Corinthian Llama Wool covered in the silken strands of the Red Death Leviathan Tarantula. Due to a reaction that's a result of these materials coming together, these pillows generate a magnetic field that causes them to levitate.

I checked said library - it took some time, but I definitely have my copy on a random shelf. Whoops!

The search did remind me that I need to order the next Tremblay book from SST - hello 15% off card.
      That's great news! A surprise gift to yourself.

Did you order Disappearance at Devil's Rock and Cabin at the End of the World? I don't think Growing Things was made available yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        My pillows a stuffed with Emu feathers wrapped around Pygmy Corinthian Llama Wool covered in the silken strands of the Red Death Leviathan Tarantula. Due to a reaction that's a result of these materials coming together, these pillows generate a magnetic field that causes them to levitate.
        I thought you were describing the next Suntup release.

Comment

Did you order Disappearance at Devil's Rock and Cabin at the End of the World? I don't think Growing Things was made available yet.
          Those were the ones I was going to order. Didn’t realize that there was a third volume already.

I did hesitate on the Place Order button because the shipping was the same price as one book.

Comment

Those were the ones I was going to order. Didn’t realize that there was a third volume already.

I did hesitate on the Place Order button because the shipping was the same price as one book.
            I ordered them With the coupon, and the crazy shipping (damn you America!) the two books end up being $50 a piece, which if I'm completely honest about, is a decent deal still.

Comment

The Million Pound Bank Note - Mark Twain. Recommend to reading
              Last edited by Insurgent; 08-20-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I am going to read Alan Peter Ryan in the next few weeks.

Comment

Am almost done with CJ Tudor's "The Hiding Place". So far, I've really enjoyed it. Should be finishing it tonight. I really liked Tudor's "The Chalk Man" and "The Hiding Place" may be even better!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Am almost done with CJ Tudor's "The Hiding Place". So far, I've really enjoyed it. Should be finishing it tonight. I really liked Tudor's "The Chalk Man" and "The Hiding Place" may be even better!
                    That's great to hear. I was meh on The Chalk Man. I liked her writing and the story was interesting but none of the characters did anything--they all just reacted to stuff. I have The Hiding Place on my shelf and I wanted to read that before committing the third Tudor book SubPress is going to publish.

Comment

That's great to hear. I was meh on The Chalk Man. I liked her writing and the story was interesting but none of the characters did anything--they all just reacted to stuff. I have The Hiding Place on my shelf and I wanted to read that before committing the third Tudor book SubPress is going to publish.
                      I'm more than halfway finished with The Hiding Place and I think this will be my last Tudor book. Really not digging her stuff. I started out LOVING the book, but I've contemplated quitting it. There's just a childishness about it. Feels juvenile. There's no danger or tension. All the adults seem trapped in adolescence. And the recurring impotent bully theme is dangerously close to the one in Haven by Tom Deady. In fact, this feels like a slightly better retelling of Haven. Maybe it'll turn around, but with so many books to buy and so few dollars to spend, I can't burn budget on misfires. I'll finish it, but I seriously doubt I'll have a matching numbered set of three SubPress Tudor books and that's a shame.

Comment

I wonder when one of these specialty presses will take advantage of this. I can see it now, "Sell your soul to XXXX", for a $1,000 credit or similar.

but with so many books to buy and so few dollars to spend,..."
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          I wonder when one of these specialty presses will take advantage of this. I can see it now, "Sell your soul to XXXX", for a $1,000 credit or similar.
                          I think it would depend on the quality of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                            My soul certainly isn't worth that much.

Comment

My soul certainly isn't worth that much.
                              I'll trade you a James Patterson novel (BCE) and a Danielle Steele (sp?) hard cover missing the dust jacket and we'll call it even!

Comment

Finally getting around to reading the SubPress limited of Robert C. Cargill's "Sea of Rust". Am about three -quarters through and am really enjoying it. I'm sure this book drives the hard-sci-fi readers nuts as some of the science is a bit thin, but this is exactly the type of sci-fi reading that I enjoy. Am hoping the author nails the ending and that it isn't overly saccharine. So far, a solid four star read for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X