Next book to read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next book to read!

Part of my library are books of my grandmother that I got when she passed away. I think she belonged to every mystery/thriller/SF book club out there. I have found three Koontz BCEs in my library (thanx Grams!): Intensity, Dragon Tears, and Watchers.

Currently, I'm reading Dreamcatcher by King, but true to form (I usually pick my next book before I finish the one I'm reading), I will read one of these next: But, I will let the registered members decide!

I think I know where this is going, but i've never posted a poll before...
    Last edited by srboone; 06-15-2011, 02:37 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

oops! no poll--oh well, let me know which one I ought to read...
    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm not much of a Koontz fan, but I did like "Watchers". I'm currently reading "Heart Shaped Box" by Joe Hill and have determined that "Frankenstein" will be next.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        oops! no poll--oh well, let me know which one I ought to read...
        Dean Koontz: Dark Rivers of the Heart.
        I don't think you'll regret it.

sk

Comment

Watchers is one of my favorite books.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            Dean Koontz: Dark Rivers of the Heart.
            I don't think you'll regret it.

sk
            I'm going to look for that one at a local bookstore. Is it old or new?
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Watchers is great!!

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                I'm going to look for that one at a local bookstore. Is it old or new?
                Fairly old - about fifteen years??

sk

Comment

Watchers. It's old-style Koontz, and has always been one of my favorites.

Comment

I have just been informed that my copy of In Laymon's Terms is to be shipped soon. Hopefully that will be my next book to read.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Part of my library are books of my grandmother that I got when she passed away. I think she belonged to every mystery/thriller/SF book club out there. I have found three Koontz BCEs in my library (thanx Grams!): Intensity, Dragon Tears, and Watchers.
                      I'm a Koontz fan and I think you should read Watchers, Dragon tears was kind of slow, and Intensity jumped around a lot. I loved Watchers so much I read it six times.
                      www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Originally posted by hamount View Post
                        I'm a Koontz fan and I think you should read Watchers, Dragon tears was kind of slow, and Intensity jumped around a lot. I loved Watchers so much I read it six times.
                        Was waiting for you to chime in, thanx. I'm hoping to start it by Monday, because on Tuesday, I've got some book shipments coming in that might take my mind of Koontz. Just a wee bit futher to go on Dreamcatcher...
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Any of the single word Koontz titles are good. Watchers is one of the good ones. Whispers too. His work the last couple of years, aside from the Odd books, has been weak, imo.

Donald Ray Pollock has a new one out, The Devil All the Time. It looks REALLY good. I'm starting it soon.
                          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I read The Servants of Twilight years ago and thought it was pretty good. Since its original title was Twilight, I guess it counts as one of the good single word title books by Koontz...and it didn't have any sparkling vampires. :-P

To remain on topic for the thread, I'm just starting Hogfather by Terry Pratchett and after that I'm thinking I'll go with either King Blood by Simon Clark or The Five by Robert McCammon. I probably can't go wrong either way...
                            Last edited by thelion; 06-26-2011, 06:10 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Well, it's been a rough slog....but I made it thru the first part of Watchers. I guess I expected more. There didn't seem to be anything below the surface of the story. I found it boring. Well, maybe the last quarter of the book will pick up....
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X