Next book to read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I made it thru the first part of Watchers. I found it boring. Well, maybe the last quarter of the book will pick up....
    I remember Watchers as a slow, but definitely not-boring adventure.
    If you don't like the first part,I doubt you'll like the last quarter any better.

sk

Comment

Well, I kept thinking the story would be interesting form a different POV. But I'm going to finish it... I just might have to read something else before I sally forth...
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
        Donald Ray Pollock has a new one out, The Devil All the Time. It looks REALLY good. I'm starting it soon.
        i have that on my Amazon wish list. After you suggested Knockemstiff last year, Pollock has become one of only a few writers to have me champing at the bit for more. Plus, it has the Devil in the title, which for me gets instant kudos.

Comment

Going to be finishing my ARC of Torn by Lee Thomas, which means I need to decide which book to read next since the only 2 ARCs of the 5 I got from CD last week that I haven't read is Lucifer's Lottery which I already have on order, and Screamplays, which I will likely look at and read later on. Debating between Christopher Golden's The Ferryman, Douglas Clegg's The Abandoned, Afterlife, or Neverland, or maybe Simon Clark's Vampyrrhic or King Blood. Might go with The Passage, though might hold off until my possible vacation time later in July. Or maybe I should read one of the short story collections I have. Good thing I am thinking about it before I finish my current one, lol
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

The Simon Clark books are a lot of fun!!

Comment

I'm still sat staring at the final two books of Steven Eriksons' Malazan Book of the Fallen, and I know once I start, that'll be it for about three weeks and nothing else will get done.
              http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Holden View Post
                I'm still sat staring at the final two books of Steven Eriksons' Malazan Book of the Fallen,
                I read the first three.
                Amazing books - some of the best fantasy I've ever read.
                I do want to read the whole series, but these books are HUGE!

sk

Comment

Last night i started reading Tim Lebbon's 'Last Exit for the Lost' ... very good so far!

Comment

I think i'll read Lord of the Flies next. I've heard it has similarities to lost in some respects.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      I read the first three.
                      Amazing books - some of the best fantasy I've ever read.
                      I do want to read the whole series, but these books are HUGE!

sk
                      I've also finished the first 3. Great fantasy fiction but mentally draining!!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Part of my library are books of my grandmother that I got when she passed away. I think she belonged to every mystery/thriller/SF book club out there. I have found three Koontz BCEs in my library (thanx Grams!): Intensity, Dragon Tears, and Watchers.

Currently, I'm reading Dreamcatcher by King, but true to form (I usually pick my next book before I finish the one I'm reading), I will read one of these next: But, I will let the registered members decide!

I think I know where this is going, but i've never posted a poll before...
                        I am surprised that no one suggested that you read Intensity. It was the first Koontz book I ever read and I became a Koontz fan because of it. I know that you went with Watchers and are not loving it. I hope that you give Intensity a try! I think it is his best work.
                        "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by lilbirdy View Post
                          I hope that you give Intensity a try! I think it is his best work.
                          Yes!!! A great, intense book!
                          One of Koontz's best!

sk

Comment

Cool. If I decide to give Koontz another try, I'll consider Intensity.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

My copy of On Dangerous Ground - Stories of Western Noir arrived yesterday so that will be next. (Unless In Laymon's Terms arrives)

Comment

Not sure if I already commented but my next read is Night Shift by King.

Comment

Working...
                                X