King limiteds for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King limiteds for sale

Hey all, I've got some low prices on some King S/L up on ebay right now, check em out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

If I wouldn't have these myself, I'd definitely go for them - the books, I mean.
    Great books, great prices!

sk

Comment

Black Kouse only went for $163.50?? I know it wasn't "New" but that's why I only do online auctions on eBay for some things and fixed prices on others (like King books lol).

Comment

The market for these limiteds isn't what it used to be.
        Many books -and not only King's- sell for much less than they would have a couple of years ago.

sk

Comment

those are some great prices.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            The market for these limiteds isn't what it used to be.
            Many books -and not only King's- sell for much less than they would have a couple of years ago.

sk
            Yeah. I remember when Scream Press went under years back and they produced some of the nicest stuff I've ever seen. There's only a few places left nowadays...small press I mean.
            And with King's popularity, you'd think there would have to be millions of people out there who would give anything to have a shot at buyng a King limited, but they don't. I said this somewhere on this forum...but I had my copy of Insomnia up for sale with a starting price of $299 I think it was, and had about 8 or 10 "watchers" waiting to bid at the last second. One guy kept communicating about it with me and said he knows he will get it because he put in a huge bid to be placed by one of those "auction sniper" sites in the last 5 seconds. He kept talking about how incredibly rare it was to actually see a King limited in a sigle digit (# 9) and he has only been able to get a hold of two over the past 15 years, yada, yada. He actually talked me out of selling it lol. I ended the listing before someone could bid on it. He emailed me and said I guess that will teach me to keep my big mouth shut. I felt bad for the guy but it's the only single digit one I have, so I ended it.
            Also, does anyone here have this copy as a limited edition (Insomnia)? I noticed not long after I received it, one of the corners sorta "peeled" off, exposing the gray underneath the red leather. It's incredibly tiny but if you're picky like me, you'd see it. That's why when I found out CD's edition of IT is being bound in real leather, I got a lil worried. This shouldn't really be considered a flaw, should it? Afterall, real leather does that sorta thing, correct? It cracks and peels. I still consider it in mint condition as I've never read any of my limited editions by King, just read the ones I've been receiving from The Stephen King Library since 1992 (?) or so. What do you guys think?

Comment

Yes, I do own the Insomnia limited, both the gift and the S/L edition.
              I don't really understand why you decided not to go ahead with selling it. Because it was/is a one-digit limited?
              But it was your intention to sell, wasn't it?

My editions are in mint condition; no cracking and peeling of any corners, fortunately.
              I'd hate it when that would happen, as do you.
              Still, I do read my limiteds. That's what they're there for.
              Still, with a corner like that, I wouldn't call it mint any longer. Mint is exactly what the word means,

1. mint - as if new; "in mint condition"
              perfect - being complete of its kind and without defect or blemish;

If I were you, and you do want to sell, go back to eBay and see what happens.
              I do know it's a very nice looking book and the one digit number should help.
              Only, I wouldn't start with a high opening bid. That often discourages potential buyers from making a bid.

sk

Comment

Interesting, could you please post some pics? Off the top of my head i can't remember any of that type of thing happening to my traycase and is it just me or do other people not bother about what number they get? I mean they are all the same right? I really am not bothered what number i get for my limiteds and if they don't match ... meh

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                  is it just me or do other people not bother about what number they get? I mean they are all the same right? I really am not bothered what number i get for my limiteds and if they don't match ... meh
                  +1

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    Yes, I do own the Insomnia limited, both the gift and the S/L edition.
                    I don't really understand why you decided not to go ahead with selling it. Because it was/is a one-digit limited?
                    But it was your intention to sell, wasn't it?

My editions are in mint condition; no cracking and peeling of any corners, fortunately.
                    I'd hate it when that would happen, as do you.
                    Still, I do read my limiteds. That's what they're there for.
                    Still, with a corner like that, I wouldn't call it mint any longer. Mint is exactly what the word means,

1. mint - as if new; "in mint condition"
                    perfect - being complete of its kind and without defect or blemish;

If I were you, and you do want to sell, go back to eBay and see what happens.
                    I do know it's a very nice looking book and the one digit number should help.
                    Only, I wouldn't start with a high opening bid. That often discourages potential buyers from making a bid.

sk
                    Honestly, I didn't really care it was a single digit...at first. It was the guy who wanted it so bad who cared and because he cared, I started to care too lol. It never made any difference to me either about the number; it's the same book, so what difference does it make? But that guy talked me out of selling it. And maybe it was because it's the first King limited edition I ever had meant something to me also. Funny though, I went ahead and sold the second King limited edition I ever had: Desperation. More because of money problems than anything else though.
                    Lucky you! That book of mine was probably like that the day I received it but I didn't notice it (the lil cracking of the leather). I considered it "Mint" simply because it's never been read and real leather cracks. And mint means perfect but leather isn't perfect, that's the problem. And that's why I'm worried about the limited edition of IT. Some guy at Gauntlet Press told me a long time ago they don't use real leather anymore because of how it cracks (they may have switched back..I have no idea). It's so incredibly small....What am I supposed to say..it's in "Fine" condition? I'd be willing to bet no one else would even notice it. But with my luck the buyer would have OCD and look at every single spot on the book and every one of the pages. And then he'd report me to eBay for selling him a flawed book lol.
                    Yeah, they're for reading unless you collect them for investment reasons like I do. People will pay considerably more for a book still in shrinkwrap than not. Don't really understand it myself. If a book is mint, it's mint, that's all. But I really want to open up the TLSOE book I have and see what it's like. The Gift/Artist edition or whatever they call it nowadays, is great looking itself, and I have that one also. They're not really worth anything unless they're remarqued (the only one I have a remarque of is the Gift ed. of FDNS..how much you think it's worth??). And because I sold my limited of Desperation, I went ahead and bought the Gift edition...lol even after all these years, the Gift edition is still available.

Comment

I don't care about the specific number I get on limiteds unless they are in a series. Then of course, I at least want the same number for the entire series.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                        Interesting, could you please post some pics? Off the top of my head i can't remember any of that type of thing happening to my traycase and is it just me or do other people not bother about what number they get? I mean they are all the same right? I really am not bothered what number i get for my limiteds and if they don't match ... meh
                        With me, it's so small, I'd have to be an expert photographer to try and capture the part where it's cracked slightly. It's about a quarter of a centimeter long, if that. Besides, my camera software has been defective for awhile now and I never liked taking photos much anyway. I either list auctons with stock photos, or take pics of my books I took many years ago when digital cameras had just been invented, for lack of a better word, and saved them to my computer.

Yeah, and just like you said, the numbers shouldn't really make a difference since they are all the same book. It's just that some guys like the very low numbers. Never really understood that myself. But maybe they're thinking something like if a painting was done by a famous artist and there were only 50 made, wouldn't it be nice to have the very first one? I can understand thinking like that. And like you, I don't really care either if the numbers on my books don't match. But Grant automatically gives someone who buys from them a limited edition, the same number when they buy another (I think so). Like I've said before on this forum, the last three DT books I have are all numbered 911. What a number. I wonder if someone could say, everyone knows what 911 means and I'm not talking about calling the police or an ambulance, it's what happened to this country on September 11th, 2001. And make a bigger profit from those books, just with a number like that. Sounds kind of weird and sick to say that, but when people see that number or hear it, they automatically think of the terrorist attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                          I considered it "Mint" simply because it's never been read and real leather cracks. And mint means perfect but leather isn't perfect, that's the problem. And that's why I'm worried about the limited edition of IT.
                          Don't be! I own many of the CD limited editions and all of them are in absolute mint condition. Well, they arrived in mint condition. I love reading these books, so that would make them near-mint, I guess. Even if you would receive the book in flawed condition, CD would send a replacement. I'm convinced of that!

It's so incredibly small....What am I supposed to say..it's in "Fine" condition? I'd be willing to bet no one else would even notice it.
                          No! You simply cannot call that book fine. It just isn't. I would notice - most collectors would notice and this would really damage your rating. More important -it would be dishonest.

People will pay considerably more for a book still in shrinkwrap than not.
                          Some people would. Most people I know wouldn't. I wouldn't. It's like you say, if the book is mint, shrinkwrap wouldn't make it minter. :-)

But I really want to open up the TLSOE book I have and see what it's like. The Gift/Artist edition or whatever they call it nowadays, is great looking itself, and I have that one also. They're not really worth anything unless they're remarqued (the only one I have a remarque of is the Gift ed. of FDNS..how much you think it's worth??).
                          Go ahead and have a look - why not?
                          The value of a remarqued FDNS gift edition would depend on the remarque. If it's a full-page one, that would really add to its value. If it's just a small one, its value would increase, of course, but not by much.

Can't you post a picture?

sk

Comment

How much for the Gift Edition of Full Dark, No Stars?Beambounder

Comment

Don't be! I own many of the CD limited editions and all of them are in absolute mint condition. Well, they arrived in mint condition. I love reading these books, so that would make them near-mint, I guess. Even if you would receive the book in flawed condition, CD would send a replacement. I'm convinced of that!
                              I'm not too worried about CD books, I have tons of them and they were all perfect when I received them....and still are. It's just the real leather stuff that bothers me. I'm wondering where I should store this thing...I'm also wondering where to get a DJ protector big enough for it lol. My limited of Secretary of Dreams..Vol. 1 and 2, doesn't have anything protecting the DJs, neither do most of my King books. It's tricky to put one of those Mylar covers on some of those DJs, as big as they are. That's one of the reasons I've never really looked closely at the Secretary books, or the Grant DT limiteds. Just typing this is reminding me of all the King limiteds I have, plus anthologies signed by him. I wish I hadn't sold my copy of Dreamcatcher signed by King. That was the only trade edition I had signed by him....everything I have is a limited edition book of some kind.

No! You simply cannot call that book fine. It just isn't. I would notice - most collectors would notice and this would really damage your rating. More important -it would be dishonest.
                              Well, the grading system must have changed, because when something was perfect, it would be called "VF in VF DJ". Fine would simply indicate it's been read, or maybe has a slight tear in the DJ. And in my case I would say it's in Fine condition with an incredibly small "crack" on the upper corner of the book. Dishonest?? Naw, I'm not that way, I tell it like it is. I wouldn't be a "Top Rated Seller" on eBay if I was a crook lol. Besides, I would mention the lil crack on it. It's really probably more like an eighth of a half centermeter long, it's very, very small. But it's always bothered be to some extent, and now I'm sure it must have been sent to me that way. It was so long ago I didn't really care since I really had no inkling back then at how much these King limiteds were actually worth and I never really planned on buying anymore (at least that's what I recall). Anyone want to buy it?? And would someone tell me why Wizard and Glass is so sought after please? I never really checked into the reason, I assumed it must of had a lower print run than the rest of the DT books. And I bought a copy directly from Grant and it too, is still in shrinkwrap. I thought about selling it too, but changed my mind. A lot of my books have become scattered over the years, including even my King limiteds...some are in a closet, a few are downstairs and some are in a spare room upstairs. I'm not the most organized man in the world if you didn't guess that by now

Some people would. Most people I know wouldn't. I wouldn't. It's like you say, if the book is mint, shrinkwrap wouldn't make it minter. :-)
                              I don't think I would either unless it was just a bit more money. It's nice to see a book totally new and unread still in the shrinkwrap. But I think I'm actually going to take it off and look at it. I've been dying to ever since it arrived at my door. As you know, I've already said on this forum Grant makes the nicest limiteds I've ever seen (no offense CD...your SOD books would certainly give Grant a run for their money, among many others). The only thing that bothers me sometimes with Grant's books, is that so many are made without DJs, but having said that, Black House is awesome looking as was Desperation and they don't have DJs.

About the remarque...it pretty much takes up the entire page at the beginning of the book; it has a skeleton type figure wearing a cloke of some kind, with rats all around him and signed by Glenn Chadbourne at the bottom. But something I can't really figure out is there is a full color painting that says "Jill 2010" at the bottom, and two black and white drawings with a funny looking symbol at the bottom and also "2010". I never really bothered with remarques before so I don't know if those other three drawings are in all the Gift editions or not? I didn't even look at it until a few minutes ago.
                              The drawing looks very similiar to this:

I'm assuming I'm allowed to insert that drawing in this post...I'm so used to my own forums that I don't think much of the rules set down by others at their forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X