Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beambounder View Post
    How much for the Gift Edition of Full Dark, No Stars?Beambounder
    You referring to mine? I can't sell that one...it's the only remarque of anything I've ever owned so I don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon. Sorry. Or were you asking how much the book cost?

Comment

I sold my remarqued Gift edition FDNS a while back and was very please to get $400 (which included the shipping) for it, it was a full page and in the same vein as all others posted. Still have my limited that is remarqued too and eventually i will get Vinnie to add something to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
        I sold my remarqued Gift edition FDNS a while back and was very please to get $400 (which included the shipping) for it,
        That's an excellent price!

sk

Comment

Well it paid for a wardrobe and a set of drawers :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
            I sold my remarqued Gift edition FDNS a while back and was very please to get $400 (which included the shipping) for it, it was a full page and in the same vein as all others posted. Still have my limited that is remarqued too and eventually i will get Vinnie to add something to it.
            The only reason I decided on buying this remarque, was because I couldn't afford the limited at that time. Still angry about that. I saw on eBay, a guy asking $1250 for the limited ed. with the remarque, so if you sell it, I think you can look forward to a lot of dough lol.

Comment

This guy can ask all he wants, but $1250.00 is ridiculous.
              If you contact Glenn personally and send him one of your books, he'll do a remarque for a few hundred dollars.
              Don't know exactly for how much, but not even close to the amount mentioned above.

Let's see, the non-remarqued S/L edition sells for about $500.00 (if you're lucky), add $250.00 tops for a remarque, so $750.00 would seem a reasonable price for a remarqued S/L Full Dark No Stars.
              Or am I far off?

sk

Comment

I would agree personally. For that price it better have a lot more than just the one full page remarque
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

The S/L with a remarque isn't worth anywhere near $1,000 imo and recently i have sold off most of my remarques, they used to be one of my main collecting goals and through them i have worked up a relationship with quite a few artists but now my main aim if 1st editions by Stephen King and James Herbert

Comment

Siep i'm pretty sure that Glenn would do a very nice remarque for $250 and it probably wouldn't be that much

I always go direct to the artist for my remarques and you always get a better piece of art for your money, all the ones i have dealt with have all been very easy to deal with too!

Comment

I think you're right.
                      And I will contact Glenn one day and see what he can do.
                      Does Michael Whelan accept this kind of commission?
                      I'd love to have him do one of my King limiteds.

sk

Comment

If your are seriously considering Glenn let me know because i have a different e-mail you can use to contact him. Not sure about Michael Whelan though, i think David @ Betts might be the best guy to ask?

Comment

Will do...will do...

sk

Comment

For that enormous price that guy was asking, someone will eventually buy it. It's a very good thought-out ad and someone will think this has to be really special so they'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                              For that enormous price that guy was asking, someone will eventually buy it. It's a very good thought-out ad and someone will think this has to be really special so they'll buy it.
                              No, I don't think so.
                              For that price it won't sell. Just too expensive.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                No, I don't think so.
                                For that price it won't sell. Just too expensive.

sk
                                I would say you are correct as I have seen a PC copy of the lettered From a Buick 8 on Ebay for $2,000 for a very long time now. Comes with free shipping and from a seller I trust and have dealt with more than once, but I don't think I'd pay that much for a PC of that one without any remarques or anything
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X