Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    I have King limiteds all over the house. I need to gather them up and put them in a safe or somethin'.
    I've got a better idea: sell them!
    Seriously, the King market is not what it used to be, compared to a few years ago, and I doubt it will ever recover completely. I think, the longer you wait, the less the books will be worth..

sk

Comment

If the books are in a traycase like SOD V2 S/L i don't put covers on the dustjackets because on some of them, they are fit so perfectly in the case the extra padding on the book doesn't let it sit properly in there!

Comment

There's an ARC on eBay right now at a decent starting price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Secretary-Dreams...item1e64ed0386

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
          There's an ARC on eBay right now at a decent starting price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Secretary-Dreams...item1e64ed0386

John
          That is a great price. But unfortunately for me, I'm not that interested in arcs so I guess someone will have a good time with it

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            I've got a better idea: sell them!
            Seriously, the King market is not what it used to be, compared to a few years ago, and I doubt it will ever recover completely. I think, the longer you wait, the less the books will be worth..

sk
            Yeah, I think that's true in some cases but not all. Certainly IT, LSOU, From a Buick To 8 and many others, they'll still go up in price, especially IT. And because they have such a low print run as well. Or even if they don't go up, there will always be a way to sell them to somebody. If not on eBay, then collector's sites. But Bett's Books has both volumes of SOD for just $800??? That's not good news.
            But considering we're becoming a third world nation rather quickly, makes me want to get rid of some but I can barely force myself to do it. The only King stuff I've sold are the trade of Dreamcatchers signed and Desperation. Maybe there will be a group of rich guys left at some point and if I'm lucky, they'll have a fetish about limited editions of Stephen King books. Or if all else fails, I can always take a big drop in price and sell them to various book shops online.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
              If the books are in a traycase like SOD V2 S/L i don't put covers on the dustjackets because on some of them, they are fit so perfectly in the case the extra padding on the book doesn't let it sit properly in there!
              They do fit perfectly, but I think a thin Mylar cover would still be ok. I really wish CD would include them on the books they sell, especially the very high priced ones like other stores do. I'm scared to death to try and do this to the DJ of IT lol.

Comment

I guess I'm a minority here, but I leave my books the way they are. No mylar - nothing, just the dust jacket - which I do remove while reading the book.

sk

Comment

I guess I'm a minority here, but I leave my books the way they are. No mylar - nothing, just the dust jacket - which I do remove while reading the book.

sk
                  2nd. I'm just to lazy to do anything with them.

Comment

Well i thought that i spent all that money on the books so i want to keep them in the best condition possible and the way for me to do that is put a cover on the dustjacket. I also think it makes them look better

Comment

sk
                      It's funny...because when I was a kid and would read books, I could care less about dust jackets, then when I started collecting horror/dark fantasy novels, I became amlost compulsive about protecting them. But that's a good idea about taking them off when you read a book. But I actually like how it feels in the hands when a protector is on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                        Well i thought that i spent all that money on the books so i want to keep them in the best condition possible and the way for me to do that is put a cover on the dustjacket. I also think it makes them look better
                        Yes!! It not only protects them but does make them look better as well. But there's a few different kinds. The ones I used to buy from Gaylord, make the art look kinda dull. The ones I've been sent from the Overlook Connection, actually seem to brighten up the art if that makes any sense.

Comment

I also take the dustjackets off, but as a rule i don't really read my limited edition or signed books. I use brodart covers, they look clean & show off the artwork nicely

Comment

Brodart, eh? Never heard of them lol. But I'm going to assume they must be better than the ones Gaylord sells.
                            As for reading limiteds.....I will for most of them (the ones I don't think will ever be too valuable), but not my King ones. I'll just read some paperbacks or the ones I still receive from the SKL. I asked them recently for another copy of Nightmares and Dreamscapes, but they told me they don't have that book. That's funny because I know I received it years ago from them but it's at my mother's house, so I just bought the PB version to read again.

Comment

Brodart!!! Brodart!!! Brodart!!! Brodart!!! Brodart!!! Get the single book/sheet archival quality covers!!!

Comment

They are very useful, infact i must order some more soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X