Shock Totem - Issue #4 Table of Contents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock Totem - Issue #4 Table of Contents

Copied and pasted from our website (http://www.shocktotem.com), for those interested:

So our fourth issue is scheduled to come out next month, so how about an update?

We’re still working on the artwork. We have a great piece that we might use, but it’s got similar colors to the last issue, so we’re seeing if we can come up with something else in time. We’ll see. Either way, expect it to be another fantastic piece of art.

While we wait on that, how about the official Table of Contents?

Miracles Out of Nowhere: An Editorial, by Nick Contor
    Beneath the Weeping Willow, by Lee Thompson
    Full Dental, by Tom Bordonaro
    Tragic and Gorgeous: A Conversation with Rennie Sparks, by Mercedes M. Yardley
    Web of Gold, by Rennie Sparks
    Weird Tales, by David Busboom
    Playlist at the End, by Weston Ochse
    Lobo, by Justin Paul Walters
    Strange Goods and Other Oddities (Reviews)
    Living Dead: A Personal Apocalypse: An Essay, by K. Allen Wood
    Dead Baby Day, by Michael Penkas
    Long Live the Word: A Conversation with Kathe Koja, by Nick Contor
    Fade to Black, by Jaelithe Ingold (2010 Café Doom Competition Winner)
    Bloodstains & Blue Suede Shoes, Part 2, by John Boden and Simon Marshall-Jones
    The Many Ghosts of Annie Orens, by A.C. Wise
    Howling Through the Keyhole (Authors’ Notes)

And that’s about all for now. I think it’s another great issue and hopefully you agree. I will update more as the release nears, and if all goes as planned, it should be available in a few weeks.

Thanks for sticking with us!

EDIT: And here is the artwork...

Please note that this is a low-res version with font added by me and my decidedly unskilled Photoshopping. The final version will of course be much crisper.

Issue #4 should be out very soon!

EDIT: And here's the back cover art...

Last edited by Kenwood; 08-24-2011, 12:51 AM.
    "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Very cool!
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Indeed. I think this will be a good issue. I have to think that, right? Haha.

Comment

congrats, looks great - i'll keep trying to break in, too :-)
        FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Same here. This is the issue that features the Doom contest winner too. I can't wait for the next Doom contest.

Comment

Issue #1 is finally available in digital format for $1.99. You can read more about it here: http://www.shocktotem.com/06/25/2011/screaming-digital

If you've ever wanted to check us out, now is the perfect time (though at $5.99, our print version is pretty damn cheap, too). If you do pick it up, THANK YOU! =)
            Last edited by Kenwood; 06-25-2011, 08:51 AM.

Comment

One of my White Whales, ST. Richard, I, and a few others from Write Club ram-raided Shock Totem some months back and spent our time awaiting a reply biting nails and giving the stinky eye to each other. Nothing like blood-sport among friends. in the end, we were all in the same boat, one stranded within the sea of rejection, a squall of dejection looming on all four horizons - stories, stories everywhere but not a drop to read!

Comment

yep...but we'll keep trying
                FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

For sure.

Comment

We're tough, I admit. But we all have equal say in what ends up in each issue. It's not like other publications where people read slush and pass it on to the editor who then makes final decisions. Majority rules with us. That means, a minimum of three people have to say Yes on a story.

It makes it harder, but when we all basically work for free, we all get a say.

Comment

I'm going to keep trying until the ST staff show up at my house with a baseball bats to bash in my brains. That being said, when they do, I plan on not answering the door--either hiding or running out the back fleeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenwood View Post
                        We're tough, I admit. But we all have equal say in what ends up in each issue. It's not like other publications where people read slush and pass it on to the editor who then makes final decisions. Majority rules with us. That means, a minimum of three people have to say Yes on a story.

It makes it harder, but when we all basically work for free, we all get a say.
                        Can I ask, Ken, do all the staff share a similar preference toward style and content, or does it vary? The latter part, I imagine, means there would be a longer discussion process when it comes to picking a winning story.

Comment

Add the artwork for issue #4 to the original post. =)

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Added the back cover art.

Comment

Working...
                              X