No announcement yet.

Book vs. Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was about to say Dead Zone but I'm a fan of Walkin.

Comment

99% of the time, the book is better. However, the movie Forrest Gump is leaps and bounds better than the ridiculous book.

Comment

Originally posted by divemaster View Post
        99% of the time, the book is better. However, the movie Forrest Gump is leaps and bounds better than the ridiculous book.
        Wow! It must be one crap-fest of a book for the movie to be better than it. maybe I should remove it from my TBR list.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I can't think of a movie I liked more than the book. I've always thought that movies tended to leave out a lot of important facts, and completely change people's roles. Example: Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief.
          www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Most of the time I prefer the written version of a story, but I have to say I found that I found "The Shawshank Redemption" better than "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" after a re-read.
            http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
            http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
            http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would agree with that.
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by divemaster View Post

Absolutely! I was just coming here to say this. The book was so awful, Eric Roth won the academy award for Best Academy award for Best Adapted Screenplay and he deserved it! He took the seed of Winston Groom's stupid story and made it the amazing story it became. Roth should get every dime from the sales of that book, as I'm sure the movie made people run out in droves to purchase the book (I being one) thinking they were going to be reading an even better story. Nope.
                "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

I didn't even know it was a book. One movie I liked better was the mist because it had an ending. i guess it helps that i love thomas jane as well.

Comment

I would have to say the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The books were good but they were slow reads for me.

Also I thought Fight Club was a good adaptation but the book was still better, if only slightly (in my opinion anyway).

Comment

I really liked the Fight Club adaptation as well. Great casting in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X