Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Promotion for Authors

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar
    Sandra Ruttan talks about her new novel, HARVEST OF RUINS, over at my blog: http://craigwallwork.blogspot.com/ Dip into your subconscious!

Sandra is the bestselling author of SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES, The Nolan, Hart & Tain series (amongst others), and editor of Spinetingler Magazine and Snubnose Press, Sandra Ruttan will be blogging here in the next few days to help promote her new novel HARVEST OF RUINS.

Having short stories published by the likes of the very cool, Crime Factory, Pulp Pusher, Mouth Full of Bullets (which is one of the best titles for a magazine ever), and Crimespree Magazine, as well as interviewing acclaimed authors such as, Ray Banks, Tess Gerritsen, Mark Billingham and Kevin Wignall, Sandra Ruttan knows her stuff.

She's also just edited (with Brian Lindenmuth) Speedloader, a collection of short stories that include a few of my writer friends including, Nik Korpon, Richard Thomas and artwork by the amazing Boden Stiener. This woman is busy, so I'm flattered and excited that she's chosen my blog to help promote her new novel.

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    Posted an interview with Bruce Boston, and a review of his book The Guardener's Tale, all on my website. Come check it out.

Senior Member Inmate RichardThomas's Avatar
    The Noir at the Bar anthology to benefit Subterranean Books is now out. $12. Only at SB. Such a great list of authors, honored to be in here. I read with these guys last October and it was a great time.

TOC:

Foreword, Jed & Scott
    Gunpowder & Aluminum Foil, Matthew McBride
    One Fine Bird, Cameron Ashley
    The Girl Who Kissed Barnaby Jones, Scott Phillips
    Thin Mints, Daniel O’Shea
    Doe Run Road, Dennis Tafoya
    They Take You, Kyle Minor
    Deviances, Frank Bill
    Pig Helmet & The Wall of Life, Pinckney Benedict
    An Orphan’s Tale, Jonathan Woods
    Ballad of Larry Plank, Derek Nikita
    Five Revelations Concerning Jenny L. as Told to Maura C. by a Compassionate Angel, Laura Benedict
    Care of the Circumcised Penis, Sean Doolittle
    The Morning After, Jedidiah Ayres
    Underground Wonder Bound, Richard Thomas
    Outside Lou’s, David Cirillo, Illustrations by Matt Kindt
    Everyone Grieves in a Unique Way, Anthony Neil Smith
    Big Artie, Malachi Stone
    Vampires are Pussies, Chris La Tray
    Afterword, Rod Wiethop

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Nik Houser's Avatar
    That looks great! The artist Matt Kindt wrote a deeply affecting story of a modern giant called "Three Story." Worth your time, as is this anthology by the look of it. Well done, Richard!

Thanks, Nik. It's been the year of the anthology for me. First Shivers VI came out, then the Warmed and Bound hit the streets and tore up B&N, then I read at the Noir at the Bar series in my hometown of St. Louis and met a ton of great guys, which lead to this collection, and I still have the LA in 1000 Words book coming out from Thunderdome soon. Very exciting. I mean, it's not the Best Horror of the Year and I have yet to get with Ellen Datlow, but it's been very cool to be a part of these books. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Borderlands submission and "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears."

My story "Twenty Reasons to Stay and One to Leave" is now LIVE at Metazen. I really like what these guys are doing. They publish one new story a day, and today, Monday, August 8th, I'm up. Great group of writers publishing here, honored to be a part of it. This story was a bit different than what I usually do, built on on idea, one phrase that starts off "Because..." which in my head, was the voice of the protagonist answering the accusations towards him: "Why do you stay with her?" or "Why don't you leave?" or "Why is she so screwed up?" or "Why do you still help her?"

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Good job there, Richard. I loved the line "It was a fake voodoo, but it was all that I had."
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Post Mortem Press is offering free shipping in the US for pre-orders on Dead Souls, containing my story, "Old Zombie, New Tricks."

http://www.postmortem-press.com/dead-souls.php
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ozmosis7; 08-11-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryE View Post
    Good job there, Richard. I loved the line "It was a fake voodoo, but it was all that I had."
    Thanks, Terry!

Sorry for the double image. Something goofy I couldn't figure out how to fix.

And, gratz Richard. I missed seeing this one the first time through. It's likely due to the crappy internet connection down here at the beach in Dewey. Must be some pact to make sure you can't connect for longer than a few minutes.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar
    Very cool, Ken and Richard.

Pimping as usual....

I was asked by Caleb J Ross a while back if I’d be interested in writing something for uber cool magazine, Cannoli Pie. As part of his epic Blog Tour promoting his new novel, Stranger Will, Caleb was given the opportunity to be guest editor for the August edition of the magazine. He solicited a few writers he likes, those being:

• Richard Thomas, author of Transubstantiate

• Nik Korpon, author of Stay God

• Brandon Tietz, author of Out of Touch

• Pablo D’Stair, author of Kaspar Traulhaine, approximate, as well editor in chief of Brown Paper Publishing

And of course, me.

I gave up Paradise Lost, a story that is centred around the idea of the Devil inviting God to Christmas dinner, and has been described by Caleb as, “…a universal allegory that blurs the line between faith and fact.”

The idea of humanising deities, that maybe they have a job, and that job is domestic or humdrum, seems absurd enough to appeal to my sense of humour. Yes, the concept of someone, or something, greater that any mortal is reduced to the simplest chore or mundane task also provides me with a sense of empathy too.

Paradise Lost sees the Devil made human and running a set of small holiday rental lodges. It also explores some deeper issues that affects mankind on a whole.

http://cannolipie.com/CannoliPieHome.html

Very cool! Gratz!

My review of Donald Ray Pollock's THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME is now live at The Nervous Breakdown. Dark book, wild ride, lush and depressing and raw. Loved it.

Here is the artwork by the great Philip R. Rogers!!! Coming soon from Post Mortem Press...

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Looks great! Is he doing any interior artwork as well?

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Very cool.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Great artwork Kenneth.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Great work everyone!
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Thanks all! I've been very busy with these two. Still a bit to do before they are released, but I can see the finish line.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    The artwork is great. In book two below the "W" in your name it almost looks like the veins spell Mom. I'm not sure why I like that but I do.