No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, well done, Richard. I'm still writing my longest piece to date, which is turning out to be a love story sans my normal horror
    element. It may cross the threshold into novel for the first time. Richard where do yo find these wonderful places (I feel like The
    Joker in the Batman movies)-- I don't see them on duotrope. By the by, ALL OF MY FRIENDS HERE, have a wonderful, prosperous
    and Happy New Year

Comment

Thanks, Randy. Mostly it's Duotrope, but some others just happen to run across my radar. I was actually approached about ManArchy and Conjectural Figments. At one, I know the guy who launched it, and the other, I guess they were a fan of my work. You never know what you'll find in your e-mail, right? Besides hanging out here, I spend time at The Cult, The Velvet, Lit Reactor and a private workshop called Write Club. I see a lot notices through those places too. Facebook, Twitter, sometimes there too. But mostly Duotrope. Thanks for the kind words.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
        Thanks, Randy. Mostly it's Duotrope, but some others just happen to run across my radar. I was actually approached about ManArchy and Conjectural Figments. At one, I know the guy who launched it, and the other, I guess they were a fan of my work. You never know what you'll find in your e-mail, right? Besides hanging out here, I spend time at The Cult, The Velvet, Lit Reactor and a private workshop called Write Club. I see a lot notices through those places too. Facebook, Twitter, sometimes there too. But mostly Duotrope. Thanks for the kind words.
        Hey Richard, I've been so damn busy lately I haven't been able to read your story yet in Shivers...I actually haven't been able to read anything because my grandma is in the hospital again and very ill. She has both COPD and dementia and lives with me. This whole thing is just terrible and I don't really feel like reading a horror story at this point.

Hopefully though, she'll be released soon and when I get back to work in the spring, I'm going to hire a full time nurse since Medicare only paid for a nurse to stop by for just a couple months.

Anyway, I'll be in a good mood again soon (lol I hope) and then I'll give it a try. And that postcard you sent with the book....I think it's about another book of yours? You wrote on that too so thanks for that as well.

And C.W. when is your book being released?? I lost my window again to the link you gave me because this stupid laptop re-started itself without my permission

Comment

sorry to hear about your grandma, that's rough. i totally understand, just do what you can for her, that's what is important. yeah, that's my debut novel, Transubstantiate. kind of LOST meets THE TRUMAN SHOW meets THE PRISONER.

Comment

That's awesome. I'm going to be in that charity antho as well.

My novella, Fleshbags, was published a few months back. It's reviewed very well and I'd invite everyone to check it out on Amazon, B & N, and Smashwords.

fleshbags_final_text_300px_promo[1].jpg
            Last edited by Mr. Rice; 01-06-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rice View Post
              That's awesome. I'm going to be in that charity antho as well.

My novella, Fleshbags, was published a few months back. It's reviewed very well and I'd invite everyone to check it out on Amazon, B & N, and Smashwords.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2736[/ATTACH]
              Cool! Didn't Russel Dickerson do the cover on this one? Either way it looks great.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

This weekend (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) Post Mortem Press is offering a FREE Kindle Preview of Ken Cain's These Trespasses. Find out how it all begins, for FREE. January 14, 15, & 16, only on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/These-Trespass.../dp/B006VFFMVK
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Wanted to follow up with this...

A very flattering mention of my book These Trespasses...

http://raforallhorror.blogspot.com/2...ebut-buzz.html

Comment

GRAB IT NOW!

This weekend (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) Post Mortem Press is offering a FREE Kindle Preview of Ken Cain's These Trespasses. Find out how it all begins, for FREE. January 14, 15, & 16, only on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/These-Trespass.../dp/B006VFFMVK

Comment

That's awesome Ozmo! Congrats. I want to talk to you about some cover art for some of my book ideas. I don't know what it usually costs but I think your book designs are awesome.

Comment

Thank you, sir. Sure, anytime. PM or email me, and I'll do my best to put you on the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                          sorry to hear about your grandma, that's rough. i totally understand, just do what you can for her, that's what is important. yeah, that's my debut novel, Transubstantiate. kind of LOST meets THE TRUMAN SHOW meets THE PRISONER.
                          Thanks. It's been hell but life goes on.
                          Oh well...

I'll check out all you guys' books.

Comment

I put this out there because I wanted to have these stories read. Therefore, for one day only, These Old Tales Volume 1 is 100% FREE! Use this code GP46K at the Smashwords link and get a digital copy FREE. Also, if you enjoy it even a little, please leave a review at Smashwords or Amazon or both.

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...tressed-press/

Comment

Wow..very cool, ozmosis7...What program do you use to make those? I'm not up on a lot of things like this...I'd like to learn, though...Me? I'm pretty much finished writing a supernatural horror trilogy based on a low-rent public housing project culturally distinct in that it is marked by a predominately urban Puerto Rican culture that is both modern and superstitious with respect to certain ancient pagan beliefs connected to the Afro-Hispanic form of the the Lucumi religion sometimes called Santeria. Not sure how well it will go over, though, since it possesses a strong Hispanic cultural flavor and the harsh experience of poverty in an urban subculture. Each story is connected by one major theme with respect to time, same day, same date, in the month of December ...the sacrificial day of a Lucumi god...but different years, and each has characters that are important to each story...wish I knew if that sounded workable...let me know if you can tell me...thanks...
                              http://3weirdskins.wordpress.com

If I knew what I was doing I probably wouldn't have as much fun doing it.

Comment

My new Storyville column: Research and Duotrope is up at LitReactor. This is a really informative read for anybody that sends out their short stories (and novels).

Comment

Working...
                                X