Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
    It's good to be back. Now Richard how does one get a Pushcart Prize; what is the criteria?
    The publication or website has to nominate you. I THINK they get SIX nominations each year. Mine are for "Terrapin Station" in Pear Noir!, "Twenty Reasons to Stay and One to Leave" at Metazen, "Carve Away Everything That Isn't a Turtle" at Blink-Ink, and "Daybreak" at StepAway Magazine. The first two might actually have a LONG shot of getting into the anthology. We'll see. Not holding my breath, but cool to be nominated.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post

My vampire story "Transmogrify" is now available in the anthology Dark Moon Presents: Vampires. Perfect for Xmas, right?! Thrilled to be in here with C.W. LaSart, Kenneth W. Cain and many other talented authors.
      There's a lot of authors here, huh? Do you all do signings? I should come to this section more often. I'll buy ALL your books....
      but C.W. comes first! I can't wait for that one, it looks like a book I can really get into.

Comment

There are a lot of fans of dark fiction, horror, as well as authors here. this post was put up in the Writer's Corner, so yeah, lots of writers in here. CWL is great, honored to be in here with her ant KWC and all the rest. she lured me into this, and excited for this to get out there. As far as signings, not sure. Maybe at big conventions or group readings, but we're scattered all over the USA, and Europe too, so hard to get everyone together. sure would be fun though. I'm in Chicago.

Comment

As my way of saying THANK YOU and HAPPY HOLIDAYS I'm giving away my neo-noir short story "Victimized."

Use code MW94J until 12/26. Originally published in Murky Depths #15 as a much shorter version.

Comment

There are a lot of fans of dark fiction, horror, as well as authors here. this post was put up in the Writer's Corner, so yeah, lots of writers in here. CWL is great, honored to be in here with her ant KWC and all the rest. she lured me into this, and excited for this to get out there. As far as signings, not sure. Maybe at big conventions or group readings, but we're scattered all over the USA, and Europe too, so hard to get everyone together. sure would be fun though. I'm in Chicago.
            You're in Chicago, huh? I'm in North Aurora, not even 40 miles away. But even when I made my original post, I was thinking it's not realistic to have every author here sign their books for me. I just wanted to see if I'd get any replies and what people would say about it.
            LOL, ok, the Writer's Corner....I didn't really pay attention to what exact section I was in. I saw some posts here by C.W.so I thought I'd post a bit too, that's all. But I'm glad she is going to sign a couple books for me and good luck to all of you.

Comment

I do whenever I am at any event. Might do one in either Illinois/Wisconsin/Ohio next year. Maybe all three if it works out. Also, will likely be at some in PA, and I always do through mail or from my website.

Very pumped about the Vampires! book myself. Can't wait to read it myself. Picked up your e-book and added it to my reading list, Richard. My "to read" pile is growing faster than I can keep up with it LOL.
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Thanks OZ! And I'd be happy to sign anything of mine for you, theenormityofitall. Do you have Shivers VI? King and Straub, and somehow I snuck in. Or that vampire book OZ mentioned, he and I and CW are in it. Happy to ship it around and get it signed. I read now and then downtown.

Comment

You're really in Shivers VI?? Damn that's pretty impressive considering all the other famous guys who did stories for those books. I may or may not have it. I have probably 90% of my books I haven't seen in about 15 years. I'm always astonished when I manage to break into one of my boxes in the closet or basement and find things I can't remember buying like the original lettered edition of The Exorcist, the limited of Psycho, bunch of Matheson stuff and still photos taken from King movies. I even found 5 Laymon books I didn't know I had . They're all worth tons of money and here I am in a financial crunch. I should just sell The Cellar alone and that would help me out. I've been putting books and watches on credit cards lately. Hell I should be able to go back to work again though by March or so.

Hell I'm rambling again I guess because it's late and I've been up since 5am. But I'll see if I have Shiver V!.....it might take me a year or so to find it though LOL.

Comment

lol...yeah i do the same thing. if you don't have a copy of shivers vi let me know and i'll send you one. signed. on me.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                      There's a lot of authors here, huh? Do you all do signings? I should come to this section more often. I'll buy ALL your books....
                      but C.W. comes first! I can't wait for that one, it looks like a book I can really get into.
                      Thanks Scott! You are a gem
                      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

lol...yeah i do the same thing. if you don't have a copy of shivers vi let me know and i'll send you one. signed. on me.
                        Really?? Man that'd be fantastic. Thanks! Do I send you a PM with my address or what exactly?
                        Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                          Thanks Scott! You are a gem
                          You're quite welcome

I'm already a fan of yours and haven't even read your stuff yet LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                            Really?? Man that'd be fantastic. Thanks! Do I send you a PM with my address or what exactly?
                            Thanks again!
                            yeah, PM me with your full name and address. i'll drop it in the mail next week. merry christmas.

Comment

yeah, PM me with your full name and address. i'll drop it in the mail next week. merry christmas.
                              Ok, thanks a lot...Merry Christmas to you too!

Comment

If you have a Kindle or the software for your computer or handheld device, PMP has made their Best of anthology free for 2 days. Not only does this have my story, "Warmth Within Thy Depths," but also work from F. Paul Wilson, Jonathan Maberry, Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee, as well as many other fantastic up and coming authors.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005U4WWSY

FYI, I forgot to mention that FREE price is on Dec 31st-Jan 1st. Sorry for any confusion.
                                Last edited by ozmosis7; 12-25-2011, 04:58 PM.
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X