Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My review of Men Undressed is live at Bookslut

Authors: Aimee Bender, Aimee Parkison, Alicia Erian, Allison Amend, A.M. Homes, Christine Zilka, Cris Mazza, Diane Williams, Elizabeth Benedict, Elizabeth Searle, Gina Frangello, Jennifer Egan, Jonis Agee, Kim Addonizio, Kristin Thiel, Lidia Yuknavitch, Nava Renek, Rachel Resnick, Rosebud Ben-Oni, Sheri Joseph, Su Avasthi, Susan Minot, Susan Solomon, Suzanne Hudson, Tawni O’Dell, Vanessa Carlisle, Vicki Hendricks, and Wanda Coleman. Introduction by Steve Almond.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I have queued up 2 chapters per a weekday to get "The Dead Civil War" rough draft all up on my website by the 22nd. I will then leave it up for the holidays. Afterwards, it comes down for editing, so I can get it ready to find a home. I hope those who have been reading this have enjoyed the tale. Total word count is 81 chapters over 64k words.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post

My review of Men Undressed is live at Bookslut

Authors: Aimee Bender, Aimee Parkison, Alicia Erian, Allison Amend, A.M. Homes, Christine Zilka, Cris Mazza, Diane Williams, Elizabeth Benedict, Elizabeth Searle, Gina Frangello, Jennifer Egan, Jonis Agee, Kim Addonizio, Kristin Thiel, Lidia Yuknavitch, Nava Renek, Rachel Resnick, Rosebud Ben-Oni, Sheri Joseph, Su Avasthi, Susan Minot, Susan Solomon, Suzanne Hudson, Tawni O’Dell, Vanessa Carlisle, Vicki Hendricks, and Wanda Coleman. Introduction by Steve Almond.
        Richard's reading dirty books!!! Tee-Hee
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
          Richard's reading dirty books!!! Tee-Hee
          That's not news!
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I've had two recent publications. The first is "A Deeper Kind of Cold," a SF horror tale/tragic love story, which can be found in Shroud's Epitaphs: The Journal of New England Horror Writers. Peter Crowther had this to say about my story:

L.L. Soares' "Holiday House" and K. Allen Wood's "A Deeper Kind of Cold" are cake mixtures lovingly blended in the literary kitchen... "House" being a mixture of nostalgia, ghosts and monsters (a sure-fire triptych in my view) while Wood's SF-cum-horror yarn is that rarity in that in makes you want to look away while you're actually reading it. This is Guignol at its Grandest.

Can't complain about that! The second publication isn't as commendable, I guess, as it's in the new Shock Totem holiday e-book, which of course I publish. The story is called "Streamer of Silver, Ribbon of Red," and it's a fun little tale of a clown wearing a Santa suit who breaks into a house...and things don't go quite as planned. I love this story! And the whole issue is just $0.99! =)

In February, a new story, "The Candle Eaters," will appear in Robert J. Duperre's The Gate 2: 13 Tales of Isolation and Despair. Here is the unfinished back cover:

Pretty kick-ass, huh?
            Last edited by Kenwood; 12-16-2011, 09:18 AM.
            "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

Very Kick-ass! Congrats Ken!
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

My article FANTASY IN THE YEAR 2012 is up at Fantasy Matters. Just some rambling ideas and thoughts. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Thanks. =)

Comment

Hello my friends! At long last I'm back on the forum. Congrats to all who've published since last we talked. That would be Ozmo,
                    and Richard about a dozen more times, and Draven, and Nik and the Wood man and of course the first lady of our forum, Cee Dub!Have I missed anyone. Gosh how I've missed yakkin' with you people. I've kept busy staying alive, writing (to help me stay
                    alive) and trying continually to get my proverbial Foot in the Creaking Door. Sorry to read about your book covers art not being bought.
                    I may need three of your book designs one day if my ideas take off. Well anyway I'm back and thank you Dan for helping me
                    get back in forum where I belong. Peace!

Comment

welcome back, randy. thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

It's good to be back. Now Richard how does one get a Pushcart Prize; what is the criteria?

Comment

Does this belong here?

http://shroudmagazinebookreviews.blo...f-macabre.html

Hope it's not out of line. =)

Comment

Here is an interview about myself at Living Dead Corner. Be on the lookout for a contest popping up soon. I'll post more details when I get them...

http://livingdeadcorner.blogspot.com...nterviews.html

Comment

My vampire story "Transmogrify" is now available in the anthology Dark Moon Presents: Vampires. Perfect for Xmas, right?! Thrilled to be in here with C.W. LaSart, Kenneth W. Cain and many other talented authors.

Comment

Working...
                                X