Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Promotion for Authors

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    Ya it is. I have something out for them, but am afraid to say to much as it might jinx me LOL. You know these things come in 3's, and granted I have a lot out on submit, but...brrrr....I just got a chill.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Nik Houser's Avatar
    Holy crap, Richard, fifty stories? DAMN. Congrats especially on publishing the novel, and being in Shivers IV. Well bloody done.

And Draven, congrats on finishing the novel! EXCELLENT! Long form obviously presents a whole new gauntlet of challenges- not just getting published, but in the writing.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Draven Ames's Avatar
    TY Nik. Same congratulations go to you.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication C.W. LaSart's Avatar
    Looks like we have quite the collection of credits on here! I've had a ton of luck with Dark Moon Digest, but I have yet to submit to these other places, besides making 3rd place in SNM for May-I recognize ALL the publications though! Good job and good luck to all of you! And I'm still pissed you all know how to post the pics and I don't! LOL!

Use the little picture of the tree at the top of the box and enter the link and you'll get it....but facebook pics don't work

Member Part-timer
    My first accepted short story, "A Promise Not Kept", will be published by Library of Horror Press in an anothology called Ghostoloy: Hauntings from the Library. I wish I could tell you when this will be out, but they are so far behind schedule with a million other projects I'll be lucky to see this next year. My second story acceptance actually came this past weekend from Pill Hill Press for an anthology called The Big Book of New Short Horror. The story is titled "With Many Thanks to Newark", and will be out in September.

As for longer works, I'm finishing up the 3rd draft edits on my first novel titled "The Betrayed", and hope to have it completely finished my summer's end.

I'll also be reading at Horrorfind this year (Sunday afternoon) alongside Kevin Lucia and my good buddy Robert Ford.

This is turning out to be the best year of my life!

Gratz Wesley. I did the cover artwork for that one. And I would have to agree with your last line for sure.

That will teach the wife for hushing me when I have a camera in hand LOL.

I tried-but my pics are on my harddrive and I guess I don't know how to link the actual pics on amazon!

Ah, throw them up on flickr or on your website/blog, something like that. Then use that link. They can't be uploaded, have to be linked. And you can get creative I think...let me see if I can do one...

Clicking on this picture...should...take you to the amazon page...I think...

Yep...hope that helps. You upload the photo, then link it...then select the image and apply a link to it with the chain picture.

Yay me! Thanks!

I can't make it so the pic is linked, but at least I can show the cover good enough for me-have I mentioned I hate computers?!

Just type it like this....

{URL="http://yourlink.com"}{IMG}http://yourjpglink.com/yourjpg.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}

Try this format, but replace the { & } with [ & ] respectively. That should do it.

Senior Member Inmate RichardThomas's Avatar
    Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to link the picture either! HA. Link in a link in a link is one too many for me. Great stuff guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Just type it like this....

{URL="http://yourlink.com"}{IMG}http://yourjpglink.com/yourjpg.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}

Try this format, but replace the { & } with [ & ] respectively. That should do it.
    Thanks man! But if you want the magazine, you can look on Amazon yourself! Too much work for this gal!

Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Gratz Wesley. I did the cover artwork for that one. And I would have to agree with your last line for sure.

You wouldn't happen to have the final back cover description to Ghostology, would you? I'm just curious what it says.

Not yet. I'm in a holding pattern just like you are. I have about 10 or so more covers in the queue to be printed, trying to help with the backlog.

Member Part-timer
    ok. I've been shamed into taking writing seriously. I've never had ambitions of writing the GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL or anything, but I think I'm decent enough to find an audience out there somewhere. But...I'm a lazy sack of shit. Always have been. The thought of "working" to get my stories read has always seemed like a bit much effort for me, but this contest and everyone in these threads have really inspired me. I hope most of you will still be hanging around the forums once this contest ends!