No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got another note that one of my stories made a "Short List" for an anthology. I guess that's a good thing, right? In your experiences does making a short list usually turn into a contract?
    It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

It means they are considering your story, and have narrowed the final cut down to likely around 30-40 stories, as opposed to hundreds. So, it is in no means a bad thing. However, while your odds are significantly better, it still doesn't guarantee an acceptance. Good luck to you, though. What's the market?
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

http://www.duotrope.com/market_6266.aspx

Wicked East Press "Sins of the Seven" Anthology

Comment

Very cool, some very nice people over in that circle.

Comment

I'm thrilled to announce that I am the winner of the One Buck Horror and Cafe Doom fiction contest. Honored and humbled. My story "Wicker Park Pause" will be published with them in the near future and a little prize money goes in the coffers as well.
            FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Congratulations, Richard! I couldn't get my story finished & cleaned up in time for that one. Way to go.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Gratz, Richard!

Comment

thanks guys!

also...

My review of Wild Life by Kathy Fish is now live at Outsider Writers Collective. Loved this slim volume of touching, bittersweet stories.

Comment

I'm honored to get my FOURTH Pushcart Prize nomination of the year from Metazen for my story "Twenty Reasons to Stay and One to Leave."

http://www.metazen.ca/?p=9026

Out of 260 total poems and stories, that's amazing. I'm humbled and thrilled, really glad to see it get some recognition.

Comment

My new Storyville column is now live at Lit Reactor so head on over. It's the tale of "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears" and how we all endure great amounts of suffering when we send our work out into the world. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Dude! You guys are knocking this shit out the park! RJ! Your name in print next to your story! That's huge! Richard, FOUR Pushcart nominations, holy crap, dude. Huge congrats you guys. I'm sorry I haven't been on the board lately. I'm working 6 days a week retail to pay bills, plus trying to write and spend time with my gal.

Also, Richard, your column at Lit Reactor sounds choice. I'll def. check it out.
                        www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Got an acceptance today for my story "Ordering Out" for Dark Moon Digests Vampire themed edition. Look forward to sharing pages with Caren and others.

Comment

My psychic vampire story will be in a Dark Moon Books anthology out later this year. C. W. LaSart, Ken Cain, and many other fantastic authors. Yes, I did write a vampire story! But my twist is that they feed off of negative energy, energivores. Paperback print and Kindle.

Comment

Congrats Ken and Richard~I look forward to sharing those pages with you
                              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

alas, I can't write vampire stories. I just don't feel it. Congrats to all on your stories in Dark Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X