• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha...thanks guys, i know, big stupid picture of me
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
      My story "Descent" just went live at a new edgy lit site called We Are Vestpertine

http://wearevespertine.com/2011/06/2...omas/#more-985
      Cool, man- I enjoyed the piece. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
        ha...thanks guys, i know, big stupid picture of me
        Wish I had such a good picture. My press photo looks like I'm in the paper for killing someone's hamster.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

@jmcraven - thanks, i really appreciate that; @ozmosis7 - i had a friend of mine, a professional photographer take me out in Chicago all over Wicker Park and surrounding areas - took several hundred photos to get one shot that i was happy with, you'd be surprised how many things can go wrong - thanks

Comment

Hey guys, my new web comic episode is up this week at www.gentlemancaveman.com

The pictures are work-safe, but the dialogue isn't, FYI.

And congrats on the publication, Richard! You've been published so widely, I've got a feeling this is might become the Richard Thomas acceptance thread!
            www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nik Houser View Post
              Hey guys, my new web comic episode is up this week at www.gentlemancaveman.com
              HA! Though, I would have thought the question posed would be easy to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
                HA! Though, I would have thought the question posed would be easy to answer.
                Haha, thanks for checking it out, Craig.
                www.nikhouser.com

Comment

I have some extra copies of my book that I wanted to make a special offer to my new friends here at the CD forums. Because I have limited copies, please don't pass this offer around. It is only intended for users of this forum, and will be on a first come basis.

Anyway, I have no control over the cost at Amazon, so I wanted to offer a good discount here. While I can't say you will walk away from this story claiming I am the best writer EVER, nearly everyone that has read it so far has enjoyed the tale. It does have some grammatical issues (my style has changed significantly since writing this) that are currently being retooled for the next release (coming out with the sequel, hopefully by the end of the year).

So if you are interested in picking up a copy for $12 (with free shipping in the US, so that's a good $6 or so off and just about at my cost. Sorry International friends, but I think it would be cheaper for you to order from the UK store if you wanted a copy).

Anyway, don't feel obligated in any sense, but if you are curious about the tale, email me at [email protected] and I'll shoot you a paypal when I get back from vacation next week. I'm off to Baltimore. I hope the rain doesn't ruin the baseball game tonight.

Comment

My story "Say Yes to Pleasure" is in the Warmed and Bound anthology. Craig Wallwork is in here too (fellow CD forum mate). Also, some big names in dark fiction: Brian Evenson, Stephen Graham Jones, Craig Clevenger, Matt Bell, Craig Davidson, Paul Tremblay, Blake Butler, Kyle minor and many more. Here's the art. Out July 22. Foreword by Steve Erickson.

Comment

That looks very cool Richard! Congrats!
                      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

thanks, CWL - if you all don't know the big names (the guys on the cover) you should for sure get to know them, i love ALL of their work - a range from horror to neo-noir to dark lit and everything in between - SGJ has been in CD several times, multi-stoker nominations - and the guys that DIDN'T make the cover are really good too, well worth picking up, this book, especially if you're looking to write dark fiction that isn't just "horror" but crosses over into other genres

Comment

Yeah, looking forward to this anthology. Erickson doing the foreword is a big thing, and the fact we have a story by Craig Clevenger in there, just makes this anthology really special. Apart from the big names, there are some wonderful lesser known writers who are making a name for themselves, too. Kyle minor is one of my personal favourites, Nik Korpon, Libero, Rathke, Godwin and of course, Thomas are great too.

Comment

It's not finished yet, but if you are up for some serial goodness, my online story is up to chapter 21 (with 4 locked and loaded, ready to go). It's at 22k words with those 4 chapters with a lot of story left to go. Here is the link to the beginning...

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...r-chapter-1-5/

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                              It's not finished yet, but if you are up for some serial goodness, my online story is up to chapter 21 (with 4 locked and loaded, ready to go). It's at 22k words with those 4 chapters with a lot of story left to go. Here is the link to the beginning...

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...r-chapter-1-5/
                              Cool, I'll be sure to check it out!

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate the read!

Comment

Working...
                                X