No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story "Twenty Reasons to Stay and One to Leave" is now LIVE at Metazen. I really like what these guys are doing. They publish one new story a day, and today, Monday, August 8th, I'm up. Great group of writers publishing here, honored to be a part of it. This story was a bit different than what I usually do, built on on idea, one phrase that starts off "Because..." which in my head, was the voice of the protagonist answering the accusations towards him: "Why do you stay with her?" or "Why don't you leave?" or "Why is she so screwed up?" or "Why do you still help her?"
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Good job there, Richard. I loved the line "It was a fake voodoo, but it was all that I had."
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Post Mortem Press is offering free shipping in the US for pre-orders on Dead Souls, containing my story, "Old Zombie, New Tricks."

http://www.postmortem-press.com/dead-souls.php
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ozmosis7; 08-11-2011, 02:51 AM.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          Good job there, Richard. I loved the line "It was a fake voodoo, but it was all that I had."
          Thanks, Terry!

Comment

Sorry for the double image. Something goofy I couldn't figure out how to fix.

And, gratz Richard. I missed seeing this one the first time through. It's likely due to the crappy internet connection down here at the beach in Dewey. Must be some pact to make sure you can't connect for longer than a few minutes.

Comment

Very cool, Ken and Richard.

Pimping as usual....

I was asked by Caleb J Ross a while back if I’d be interested in writing something for uber cool magazine, Cannoli Pie. As part of his epic Blog Tour promoting his new novel, Stranger Will, Caleb was given the opportunity to be guest editor for the August edition of the magazine. He solicited a few writers he likes, those being:

• Richard Thomas, author of Transubstantiate

• Nik Korpon, author of Stay God

• Brandon Tietz, author of Out of Touch

• Pablo D’Stair, author of Kaspar Traulhaine, approximate, as well editor in chief of Brown Paper Publishing

And of course, me.

I gave up Paradise Lost, a story that is centred around the idea of the Devil inviting God to Christmas dinner, and has been described by Caleb as, “…a universal allegory that blurs the line between faith and fact.”

The idea of humanising deities, that maybe they have a job, and that job is domestic or humdrum, seems absurd enough to appeal to my sense of humour. Yes, the concept of someone, or something, greater that any mortal is reduced to the simplest chore or mundane task also provides me with a sense of empathy too.

Paradise Lost sees the Devil made human and running a set of small holiday rental lodges. It also explores some deeper issues that affects mankind on a whole.

http://cannolipie.com/CannoliPieHome.html

Comment

Very cool! Gratz!

Comment

My review of Donald Ray Pollock's THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME is now live at The Nervous Breakdown. Dark book, wild ride, lush and depressing and raw. Loved it.

Comment

Here is the artwork by the great Philip R. Rogers!!! Coming soon from Post Mortem Press...

Comment

Looks great! Is he doing any interior artwork as well?

Comment

Very cool.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Great artwork Kenneth.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Great work everyone!
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks all! I've been very busy with these two. Still a bit to do before they are released, but I can see the finish line.

Comment

The artwork is great. In book two below the "W" in your name it almost looks like the veins spell Mom. I'm not sure why I like that but I do.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X