• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratz guys!
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/105264

A fun little test for me. Hopefully you all enjoy. 100% off until Nov. 22nd - Coupon Code YU39Y

Comment

My review of Kate Zambreno's GREEN GIRL is now live at The Nervous Breakdown. Emergency Press and Kate Zambreno are doing great things. Just read with her and Joshua Mohr here in Chicago, great time. Funny, dark and sexy book—my favorite combination.
        Last edited by RichardThomas; 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM.
        FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Just got notified that my story, "Daddy's Little Girl" was accepted for publication in Static Movement's "And I Swear This is True. . ." anthology.

ISwearThisisTrue.jpg
          It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Wow, RJ, that's 2 in just a few months. Congrats. Keep up the great work.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              Wow, RJ, that's 2 in just a few months. Congrats. Keep up the great work.
              thanks terry! yeah, now if i could just find time to write I'd be happy - my employer actually expects me to WORK and my kid expects attention

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
                thanks terry! yeah, now if i could just find time to write I'd be happy - my employer actually expects me to WORK and my kid expects attention
                I'm in the exact same boat. I've been trying to squeeze in some writing before bed, but the brain is usually shutting down by that point. But at least you're submitting what you've got.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Gratz RJ! Again!

Not the sort of thing a publisher goes crazy for, so I will likely end up self-publishing this one, but wanted to share. It is time to move on from some of my older stories, but I didn't just want to let them die wasting away in a virtual trash can, so...

TOT.jpg

Artwork by the talented Philip R. Rogers

Comment

Love that cover! And the title.

Back in college I had a tiny, short-lived writing group with a couple guys from the comic shop. One of them had the first name of Baker and I told him his first collection of 13 stories just HAD to be called "Baker's Dozen".

Comment

My review of 11/22/63 is now live at LitReactor and I think it's Stephen King's best book in awhile.
                      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Thanks, Terry.

Comment

congrats, ken! and Richard!

I'm jealous of your ability to bang out those novels, Ken. Mark my word...someday... SOMEDAY, I'll get one written!

Comment

Thanks RJ, this is short stories, but with time I'm sure you will be banging out the words, too. I remember when 1000 words was painful. After a while, you just kind of get infected I think. The trick, though, no matter how much you write, is selling it to the big markets.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                              Thanks RJ, this is short stories, but with time I'm sure you will be banging out the words, too. I remember when 1000 words was painful. After a while, you just kind of get infected I think. The trick, though, no matter how much you write, is selling it to the big markets.
                              i have notived that my word count is getting bigger. Whereas some of my early stories were 2000-2500 words, mine are usually around 5k now. I think my problem is figuring out which markets are considered "big". Right now, I'm just happy to build credits. Just need to figure out how to convince my wife to let me be a bartender and writer instead of an Info Technology guy

Comment

To coin a phrase, it isn't the size of your count, but how you use it. I'm sure you'll be fine. Looking forward to picking up New Dawn Fades next time I see Eric at one of the conventions.

Comment

Working...
                                X