No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit man, well done. That looks bad-ass.
    www.nikhouser.com

Comment

I'm in another anthology, this one called Noir at the Bar, from the folks down in St. Louis who run that reading series. I read there earlier this year. It is to benefit Subterranean Books, who is struggling. Should be out soon, and you can ONLY buy it from Subterranean Books.

Foreword, Jed & Scott
      Gunpowder & Aluminum Foil, Matthew McBride
      One Fine Bird, Cameron Ashley
      The Girl Who Kissed Barnaby Jones, Scott Phillips
      Thin Mints, Daniel O’Shea
      Doe Run Road, Dennis Tafoya
      They Take You, Kyle Minor
      Deviances, Frank Bill
      Pig Helmet & The Wall of Life, Pinckney Benedict
      An Orphan’s Tale, Jonathan Woods
      Ballad of Larry Plank, Derek Nikita
      Five Revelations Concerning Jenny L. as Told to Maura C. by a Compassionate Angel, Laura Benedict
      Care of the Circumcised Penis, Sean Doolittle
      The Morning After, Jedidiah Ayres
      Underground Wonder Bound, Richard Thomas
      Outside Lou’s, David Cirillo, Illustrations by Matt Kindt
      Everyone Grieves in a Unique Way, Anthony Neil Smith
      Big Artie, Malachi Stone
      Vampires are Pussies, Chris La Tray
      Afterword, Rod Wiethop
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Oh, also - over at Booked Podcast, they're doing a series of interviews with authors from the Warmed and Bound anthology. The book is out TOMORROW and I think it's going to be really great. My podcast went up today.

TOC:

Death Juggler by Axel Taiari
        Click-Clack by Caleb J Ross
        The World Was Clocks by Amanda Gowin
        Mantodea by Matt Bell
        All the Acid in the World by Gavin Pate
        Crazy Love by Cameron Pierce
        Chance the Dick by Paul G Tremblay
        Soccer Moms and Pro Wrestler Dads by Bradley Sands
        Take Arms Against a Sea by Mark Jaskowski
        This Will All End Well by Nik Korpon
        Midnight Souls by Christopher J Dwyer
        The Tree of Life by Edward J Rathke
        The Killer by Brian Evenson
        Headshot by Gordon Highland
        Inside Out by Sean Ferguson
        Laws of Virulence by Jeremy Robert Johnson
        Bruised Flesh by Craig Wallwork
        Bad, Bad, Bad Bad Men by Craig Davidson
        Three Theories on the Murder of John Wily by J David Osborne
        The Road Lester Took by Stephen Graham Jones
        My German Daughter by Nic Young
        What Was There Inside the Child by Blake Butler
        Seed by Gayle Towell
        They Take You by Kyle Minor
        The Redemption of Garvey Flint by Vincent Louis Carrella
        Blood Atonement by DeLeon DeMicoli
        The Liberation of Edward Kellor by Anthony David Jacques
        Act of Contrition by Craig Clevenger
        Say Yes to Pleasure by Richard Thomas
        The Weight of Consciousness by Tim Beverstock
        If You Love Me by Doc O’Donnell
        Touch by Pela Via
        Love by JR Harlan
        Practice by Bob Pastorella
        Fading Glory by Brandon Tietz
        Little Deaths by Gary Paul Libero
        We Sing the Bawdy Electric by Rob Parker
        In Exile by Chris Deal

Comment

These look amazing, can't wait to read them Richard and Craig. You should be proud, young warriors! Well Done.

Comment

Yes, it does.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

WARMED AND BOUND is out, and for a limited time it is ON SALE AT BARNES AND NOBLE. 38% off, only $9.74. Our current sales rank is 86 at B&N. Go pick up a copy. Hell, pick up three. Lots of emerging authors in here. I have a story called "Say Yes to Pleasure" and I think a lot of you know Paul Tremblay, and maybe Stephen Graham Jones (several stories in Cemetery Dance).

Comment

I'm on it! I can drop a sawbuck for it, my brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                  I'm on it! I can drop a sawbuck for it, my brother!
                  Thanks, Randy! We're currently the #34 ranked book at B&N. SWEET!

Comment

Grim Reaping and more

Well last week I finished the first draft of Grim Reaping, which I started working on about 2 years ago. It is a comedy horror which at times gets a little far-fetched. As I worked on the first draft, I posted it on TomeCity.com, and the full story is still there with all its errors and continuity flaws. Once the revisions have been done I'll concentrate on the publishing side of things.

In the meantime, I'm now starting work on another idea that has been with me for a while that i found hard to categorise in one genre. Nights of The Fictional Dead is a dark real world fantasy detective thriller with humours and horrific overtones. Again I'm posting that as I go on Tome City.

I always have other bits hanging around on my board that I pick up from time to time, like my 120 Pieces of A Nightmare series of flash fictions, the various pieces that make up a long work called The Syndicate among others.

More than enough to be getting on with I think.
                    Anthony Lund - Creator of Tales From The Back Side
                    www.anthonylund.com
                    www.talesfromthebackside.com

Comment

My review of Cape Cod Noir is now up live at The Cult. Great collection. Loved the story by Paul Tremblay. This is a fantastic series too if you've never seen it.

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/reviews/cape-cod-noir

Comment

Sandra Ruttan talks about her new novel, HARVEST OF RUINS, over at my blog: http://craigwallwork.blogspot.com/ Dip into your subconscious!

Sandra is the bestselling author of SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES, The Nolan, Hart & Tain series (amongst others), and editor of Spinetingler Magazine and Snubnose Press, Sandra Ruttan will be blogging here in the next few days to help promote her new novel HARVEST OF RUINS.

Having short stories published by the likes of the very cool, Crime Factory, Pulp Pusher, Mouth Full of Bullets (which is one of the best titles for a magazine ever), and Crimespree Magazine, as well as interviewing acclaimed authors such as, Ray Banks, Tess Gerritsen, Mark Billingham and Kevin Wignall, Sandra Ruttan knows her stuff.

She's also just edited (with Brian Lindenmuth) Speedloader, a collection of short stories that include a few of my writer friends including, Nik Korpon, Richard Thomas and artwork by the amazing Boden Stiener. This woman is busy, so I'm flattered and excited that she's chosen my blog to help promote her new novel.

Comment

Posted an interview with Bruce Boston, and a review of his book The Guardener's Tale, all on my website. Come check it out.
                          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

The Noir at the Bar anthology to benefit Subterranean Books is now out. $12. Only at SB. Such a great list of authors, honored to be in here. I read with these guys last October and it was a great time.

TOC:

Foreword, Jed & Scott
                            Gunpowder & Aluminum Foil, Matthew McBride
                            One Fine Bird, Cameron Ashley
                            The Girl Who Kissed Barnaby Jones, Scott Phillips
                            Thin Mints, Daniel O’Shea
                            Doe Run Road, Dennis Tafoya
                            They Take You, Kyle Minor
                            Deviances, Frank Bill
                            Pig Helmet & The Wall of Life, Pinckney Benedict
                            An Orphan’s Tale, Jonathan Woods
                            Ballad of Larry Plank, Derek Nikita
                            Five Revelations Concerning Jenny L. as Told to Maura C. by a Compassionate Angel, Laura Benedict
                            Care of the Circumcised Penis, Sean Doolittle
                            The Morning After, Jedidiah Ayres
                            Underground Wonder Bound, Richard Thomas
                            Outside Lou’s, David Cirillo, Illustrations by Matt Kindt
                            Everyone Grieves in a Unique Way, Anthony Neil Smith
                            Big Artie, Malachi Stone
                            Vampires are Pussies, Chris La Tray
                            Afterword, Rod Wiethop

Comment

That looks great! The artist Matt Kindt wrote a deeply affecting story of a modern giant called "Three Story." Worth your time, as is this anthology by the look of it. Well done, Richard!
                              www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Thanks, Nik. It's been the year of the anthology for me. First Shivers VI came out, then the Warmed and Bound hit the streets and tore up B&N, then I read at the Noir at the Bar series in my hometown of St. Louis and met a ton of great guys, which lead to this collection, and I still have the LA in 1000 Words book coming out from Thunderdome soon. Very exciting. I mean, it's not the Best Horror of the Year and I have yet to get with Ellen Datlow, but it's been very cool to be a part of these books. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Borderlands submission and "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears."

Comment

Working...
                                X