No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto, my friend. My zombie tale is starting to go stale. I'm at a part between parts if you know what I mean and its tedious writing for awhile. So I figured I'd do some exploring before my grandson usurps the computer. I found this place called The Horror Tree that is as good as Duotrope if you hadn't heard of it yet, my friend.

Comment

Thanks Randy! Glad you enjoyed it I'm a huge fan of Craig's work and just really glad to have met so many wonderful friends on this forum. Thanks again for reading the magazine, it's brand new, but I really hope the publisher does well. Cheers!
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I would like to contribute some of my work to that magazine as well. I think you might be impressed. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
          I would like to contribute some of my work to that magazine as well. I think you might be impressed. We'll see...
          I look forward to it

Comment

You see, I have whole collections of stories under one theme (13 per book each) and I found that it's hard to find publishers who will take entire collections, so i keep plugging away until one bites, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
              You see, I have whole collections of stories under one theme (13 per book each) and I found that it's hard to find publishers who will take entire collections, so i keep plugging away until one bites, so to speak.
              Thanks for the link to http://horrortree.com/ I'll have to check them out.

Collections are a hard sell. I'v had a couple ask about the print rights for These Old Tales, but I suspect by the time I finish volume 5 they will likely not see print.
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Hey hey! The new duotrope just hit my inbox and Richard has hit the list again! Way to go my friend! Where are you this time you old published writer you? You seem to be hitting now with some frequency. What are you using-- lures or cut bait? Just the same hearty congratulations once again, Richard. Well, I'm off to my real job until the writing kicks in. Later all!

Comment

My debut novel, Transubstantiate is FREE at Amazon for one day only—TODAY! So if you have a Kindle, head over there right now if you want to pick up this neo-noir, speculative thriller. This offer will probably never happen again.

http://www.amazon.com/Transubstantia...8032219&sr=8-2

What are other people saying? Here are some blurbs:

“Transubstantiate is, is — it’s a visual: that 2001 baby opening its eyes in the monolith, but the monolith is shrouded in this story of loss and hope and identity, and encoded in the cadence of that story, if you listen close, is the genetic map with which to draw this impossible celestial infant, opening its eyes on the page, looking right into you.”
                  —Stephen Graham Jones
                  All The Beautiful Sinners, Bleed Into Me: A Book of Stories, Ledfeather, The Ones That Got Away

“Transubstantiate is an intricately-woven dystopian thriller, with every thread pulled tight. This is a solid debut from Richard Thomas.”
                  —Craig Clevenger
                  The Contortionist’s Handbook, Dermaphoria

“Richard Thomas’s Transubstantiate constructs a collection of voices that reveals a disturbing futuristic vision of terror and beauty. The novel’s island paradise, its imprisoned inhabitants, and the digital presence that works to control them, merge with ancient forces of rite and belief to create a surreal and devastating collage. This is a work that captures a world we almost know, its realities enough to raise an uneasy sense of potentiality.”
                  —Karen Brown
                  Pins and Needles, The Best American Short Stories 2008 (contributor)

“Told through various shadowy narrators, Transubstantiate is a trippy, intriguing novel that forecasts dystopia for our near-future. Thomas successfully blends several genres here—noir, literary fiction, sci-fi—all with abrasive, haunting language.”
                  —Joey Goebel
                  Torture the Artist, The Anomalies, Commonwealth
                  FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the freebie Richard (the CD related Kindle collection is growing exponentially)

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                      Awesome, thanks for the freebie Richard (the CD related Kindle collection is growing exponentially)
                      Thanks, Grant. Hope you dig it.
                      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Just 12 books left, the letters that are left ... U, V, Y, EE, FF, KK, MM, NN, QQ, UU, VV & YY still hoping to sell them all to raise the max possible for the Haven Foundation fundraiser

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                          No problem-I hope you enjoy my story It's one of the milder ones, but I like the mythological twists.
                          I certainly did enjoy the story CW (particularly the little twist at the end - nice )

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed it It was so fun to write. Would you believe that one of my beta readers actually told me the ending was unnecessary? I love that tiny twist. Thanks for reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                              I'm not sure. I'm an Apple guy.
                              I think ya can, but I'd be an apple guy too if you didn't have to d/l all the apple crap.

Hell, I'll buy every book I see here I just hope I can have them signed. Is it possible to somehow sign an e-book? Maybe....not sure???

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                                Is it possible to somehow sign an e-book? Maybe....not sure???
                                There is a place for Kindle, but it is kind of an awkward thing I've heard. You essentially have to rebuild the mobi file on the author side and then resend it. Some do it, but I haven't fooled with it as of yet. Essentially you digitally sign the cover, and reship it back in.

I'm actually a mac guy due to circumstances. I studied graphic design in college among other things, and spent over 20 years in that industry. At the time, it was an Apple dominated industry. I did however, grow up with PC's, so I am somewhat equally knowledgeable on both platforms, but I prefer the ease of a Mac.
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X