Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1180

Thread: Self-Promotion for Authors

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I wish more authors were using this thread. I and I'm sure quite a few of the other members of this forum would love to know more about what's coming from them. It's also a great way to be introduced to new writers and their stories .

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I wish more authors were using this thread. I and I'm sure quite a few of the other members of this forum would love to know more about what's coming from them. It's also a great way to be introduced to new writers and their stories .
    That's a very good point. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I concur with the last two posts. Also would be great to know if anyone here has taken advantage of the current CD submission period, as I mentioned in another thread...

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    I should have seen this thread. Sorry about that everyone.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ123 View Post
    Also would be great to know if anyone here has taken advantage of the current CD submission period, as I mentioned in another thread...
    Yes, I did.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Good luck on your submission, Ron. Now we must endure the waiting period. What type of word count was yours? I kept mine low in case that might help my chances...

Good luck with your submissions.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ123 View Post
    Good luck on your submission, Ron. Now we must endure the waiting period. What type of word count was yours? I kept mine low in case that might help my chances...
    Without checking, I’m not quite sure… I think somewhere in the 2500-word range. And, thanks, good luck with yours as well.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Without checking, I’m not quite sure… I think somewhere in the 2500-word range. And, thanks, good luck with yours as well.
    Did you submit a flash fiction piece to the DRP writing contest?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Did you submit a flash fiction piece to the DRP writing contest?
    No, I wasn’t interested in participating in that one.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    No, I wasn’t interested in participating in that one.
    I figured as much. I submitted something. Just to write something. It was a confusing mess.

You can now preorder A SEASON IN HELL for just 99 cents. Price goes up on the release date, September 7th. http://mybook.to/ASiH

“Kenneth W. Cain takes timely social topics and explores them against the backdrop of America’s pastime. What begins as a baseball story quickly delves into something rich, deep, and dark.” – Mercedes M. Yardley, author of Pretty Little Dead Girls

Synopsis:
    Just one season can change everything.

When Dillon Peterson is honored for his baseball career, he must face a ghost that has long haunted him. He is transported back through his memories to a single season in the nineties that broke his heart. That was the season he met Keisha Green, the first and only woman to play baseball in the minor leagues. He sees what she goes through, what she must endure just to play the game both of them love, and this struggle leads to their friendship. As matters escalate, Dillon finds himself regretting his role in it all, as well as his career in baseball.

A Season in Hell is a gut-wrenching, heartbreaking story. You won’t soon forget Dillon or Keisha. Her struggle is as timely today as ever. A Season in Hell is also a love letter to baseball and how, despite everything, the game can still heal and bring people together who seemed impossibly far apart, and can do so through intimidating odds. A timeless story of true humanity.” —John Palisano, Vice President of the Horror Writers Association and Bram Stoker Award-Winning Author of Night of 1,000 Beasts

“Kenneth W. Cain hits a grand slam with this tragic tale of baseball. As a fan of the game and also such a heart-breaking story I can’t wait to see what’s next from the author!” – Armand Rosamilia, author of A View From My Seat: My Baseball Season With the Jumbo Shrimp

“Cain’s ‘Season’ is a powerful microcosm of what’s wrong with our world. And a reminder of how the courage of one can change things.” — Tom Deady, Bram Stoker Award-Winning Author of Haven
    A Season In Hell Art WITH TEXT.jpg

A couple of early reviews for A Season in Hell have popped up on Goodreads, but this one really made me smile, so I wanted to share. https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho..._review_page=1

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    A couple of early reviews for A Season in Hell have popped up on Goodreads, but this one really made me smile, so I wanted to share. https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho..._review_page=1
    Great review, thanks for sharing.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Ordered. Can't wait to turn on my kindle September 7th and see this appear.

Thanks! Keep an eye out. I'll be giving away some print copies on Facebook and Twitter as we get closer. Maybe I'll give one away here only. Not sure if/when the print edition will be available on Amazon, but I'll have several to give away.

After all the giveaways, I have a few signed copies left of A Season in Hell. I moved it to the top of my store page. First come basis, but I'll be getting one last small shipment soon. https://kennethwcain.com/7302-2/

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    After all the giveaways, I have a few signed copies left of A Season in Hell. I moved it to the top of my store page. First come basis, but I'll be getting one last small shipment soon. https://kennethwcain.com/7302-2/
    Ordered! Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm really looking forward to reading it!

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Ordered, thanks!