No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small press I have done a lot of cover artwork for has decided to cancel many of its pending anthologies. It is unfortunate for me as I haven't been paid, and am now out a lot of money I was expecting. I don't hold any grudges or anything, but I have started to repurpose what elements I could. If you know of anyone who is looking for artwork at a reasonable rate please give them my name. Here is the link to what I currently have (Down the page a little), but look for updates soon as I think I may go on a painting spree.

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/4sale/
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

That's shit, Ken. Will let you know if I hear of anything that suits.

51qaXcrw-TL._SL500_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-45,22_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

May December's Midnight Movie Creature Feature anthology featuring my short story, Revenge of the Zombie Pussy Eaters is now available on Kindle.

For those that don't know anything about the story, it recently featured at Booked Podcast as part of their first Zombie Extravaganza Spectacular with guest hosts, Amanda Gowin and Chris Deal, as well as inputs from Gordon Highland and Mlaz Corbier.

The story is about a group of friends that stumble into a micro lesbian zombie apocalypse and features characters named after a lot of writers I know: Caleb J Ross, Richard Thomas, Nik Korpon, Boden Stiener, Gordon Highland, Mlaz Corbier, Bob Pastorella, Chris Deal, Edward J Rathke and Pela Via to name a few.

Comment

Check this deal out today! Buy the 6-pack or the 12-pack. Give the gift that keeps on giving!

http://www.postmortem-press.com/book-club.php

Comment

My review of The Necessity of Certain Behaviors by Shannon Cain is now live at The Nervous Breakdown. Excellent collection of funny, dark, sexy stories. Winner of the 2011 Drue Heinz Prize.
          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I have a new Storyville column up at LitReactor about cover letters and sending out your work. Enjoy!

Comment

Great information, Richard.

Comment

Richard,

Thanks for the article on cover letters. Very sound advice.
                As an editor, I always read the cover letters—whenever they were included. I would take extra time to read somebody's story if they'd been published and especially if I know the markets. This does sometimes lead to nice discoveries. That being said, some of my biggest disappointments have come this way as well. I get all excited by somebody who's been published far and wide and then...splat! It's a piece of shit. I still think cover letters are important.

MLD

Comment

thanks oz and MLD, appreciate that. just trying to share my own experiences, i'm sure there's a number of ways to "skin a cat" as they used to say. good to hear that as an editor the CL does matter.

Comment

Goner, by Razorline Press

Available now on Amazon and Smashwords.

Terence is all alone in his hometown in the midst of the zombie apocalypse. But he's a loner and that suits him just fine. But when he traps the reanimated corpse of his ex-girlfriend he vows to get to the bottom of the mystery as to why she's there and not hundreds of miles away with her family. He discovers a thriving survivor community, but something worse than he could have guessed.

Click here to get your copy!

Comment

The Beggar's Bowl and 30 Minute Plan- both FREE!

I invite everyone with a Kindle or whatever your choice of eReader to pick up a totally free copy of my two free short stories 30 Minute Plan and The Beggar's Bowl. Both are completely different--30 Minute Plan is a story near the end of the zombie apocalypse when humanity discovers the dead have evolved and The Beggar's Bowl is about the consequences of breaking the wrong person's heart. Hey, they're free--what's the risk?

Comment

Thrilled to announce that I'll have a short story collection coming out with Snubnose Press in 2012. Still working on the title, but it will definitely be my noir and neo-noir leaning work. Maybe even a story you've never seen before. SP is doing great work with Sandra Ruttan, Keith Rawson, Nik Korpon, Craig Wallwork and others. This will be an eBook only, no print.
                        Last edited by RichardThomas; 11-11-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

To celebrate my upcoming birthday and my big announcement about Snubnose Press, I'm giving away 1 copy of the hardcover signed, limited edition of Transubstantiate. It comes with lots of extras. Spread the word. Ends December 11th, so you'll get this in time for Christmas!

Comment

Happy birthday and good luck with the contest.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Post Mortem released the cover for their upcoming anthology. This is the first time I've seen my name in print - other than information technology industry mags. Kinda cool Should be available in the next few weeks.

ndf_page.jpg
                              It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Looks cool, RJ. And it feels great doesn't it, when you see your name like that? Hope it gets you a lot of attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X