Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Promotion for Authors

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Great congrats on the workshop, Nik!! Have fun.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member Inmate RichardThomas's Avatar

It's official. I'm one of six authors (and six visual artists) to be selected by Flying House. I pair up with a painter, as it turns out, and we create a collaborative piece. We'll have a release party, gallery showing and reading all in one later this year. And then there will be a nicely produced coffee table book produced, as well. Check out the website for more details. I'm honored to be a part of this excellent Chicago non-profit. Should be a lot of fun. More info to come.

http://ourflyinghouse.com/

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Houser View Post
    EARTH-SHATTERING NEWS:

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED TO CLARION WEST!!! HAZZAH!!!

What this means:

For six weeks this summer, I'll be at a sci-fi/fantasy creative writing workshop, where my instructors will be (one each week):

George RR Martin
    Connie Willis (winner of 11 Hugos and 7 Nebulas!)
    Chuck Palahniuk
    Kelly Link & Gavin Grant
    Mary Rosenblum
    Hiromi Goto

I am thrilled. I am humbled. I am intimidated. I am unbelievably excited. I have sunshine coming out of my butt.
    Wow. that's amazing, Nik. And that book, man, I let out a little bit of pee when I saw that cover.

Considering we're sharing news. My short story collection, Quintessence of Dust, is now available to buy or download. It has a couple of horror stories in there, a bit of naughtiness and a lot of humour. PLEASE - if you're going to read this book, download it (if you have a e-reader that is) because it's FREE. I'm not in this for the money, so it makes no matter to me if you buy it or download it, but because I value readers over cash, then yes, download. If you write a review, I'll fly over and lick you.

Here's the link for the FREE download: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/147029

If you prefer paperback, or don't have a e-reader, here is where you can buy it: http://kuboapress.wordpress.com/current-titles-2/

Thanks, and if you can help spread the word, I'll name by next child after you. That might be a lie, but I'll name something after you. Perhaps a banana, or sandwich.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Don't have an e-reader, Craig (well, I do hav PC kindle app, but the books on it are, for the forseeable future, stuck there in limbo because I don't like reading books on the computer) so I ordered a copy of QoD. Looking forward to it!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Grant Wootton
    Thanks Craig, always good to see something new to view (although, unlike my compariot, Squire, I've downloaded the free version) ...

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    I'm too scared to read it...cuz I might get licked if I like it. Lol.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Teri.You mean you might like something.You should pm Squire he would not believe you used that word.....Like.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    That is an amazing cover.Congrats on your summer project.Please keep us updated on the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Houser View Post
    This is my passion project. It'll be a while before I have the time to put this together, but I've commissioned the art from my favorite cover artist, the amazing Vincent Chong. When I do put it together (Autumn maybe?) I'm going to try and publish it through Kickstarter.

Attachment 5828

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Teri.You mean you might like something.You should pm Squire he would not believe you used that word.....Like.
    It's very true that I don't use that word often. I usually LOVE something or HATE it. Although with movies I often think they are ok and my review would generally consist of "meh" when asked. SK Books are the except I think they'll fall under my movie reviews. Such as LOVED Bag of bones, MEH To The Talisman(so far) and HATED Insomnia

thanks, guys! I wanted to multi-quote you all and reply to each post individually but I'm finding it hard navigating around this place. Suffice it to say, I'm flattered and hope you "like" it. And if it makes the process less traumatic for you Teri, I can refrain from the licking. What if I just feed you grapes while you read Anal Twine, or Night Holds a Scythe?

Craig you do not know Teri that well.She hates everything.Probably even grapes.looking forwad to your book.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I think she would actually like it if you licked her from across the pond, Craig! If you tatooed SK on your tongue for doing so, she'd be in heaven!
    "I'm a vegan. "

Sick squire. Seriously sick. And I think it was bw?your right, I'm not a fan of grapes. Ill eat em but I think they fall under the meh category.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriw View Post
    Sick squire. Seriously sick. And I think it was bw?your right, I'm not a fan of grapes. Ill eat em but I think they fall under the meh category.
    I best err on the side you hate it then, Teri.

BTW: Stephen King this is not. In truth, there are only two horror stories in there, one which is not a typical cookie-cutter horror. Just want to let you guys know before download and/or buy. Thanks though for those willing to take a tour down the seedy and perverted avenues of my mind.
    Last edited by Craig Wallwork; 04-03-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication C.W. LaSart's Avatar
    Looks like I missed all the licking and liking....and grapes

Terror Scribes is out. New anthology from Dog Horn Publishing. My story "Transmogrify" is in here, energy vampires! (Yes, it's a reprint.)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/adam-lowe-a...-20039788.html

Great job, Adam Lowe and Chris Kelso.

Excellent cover

yeah, i love it too.

Agree, great cover!
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Nik Houser's Avatar
    Congrats on that brilliant-sounding collaborative project, Richard. And Craig, thanks very much for the download for the collection, will take advantage of it.

Also, thanks for the kudos about my (as yet non-existent) collection, you guys. You'll be the first to know when I've got the kickstarter going.