Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Promotion for Authors

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Nik Houser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    Can I just squeze in here and tell you that my short story collection, Quintessence of Dust, is due for release on March 31st and is available for pre-order right NOW and features such gems as Anal Twine, The Whore That Broke the Camel's Back, The Hole, Night Holds a Scythe, Skin, and many more? Details here: http://craigwallwork.blogspot.com/20...important.html

Okay... sorry about that. Carry on.

OUTSTANDING! Sounds fantastic. You're one of the few authors I see who never passes up the chance to have fun with a story title. It's so important to have a good title. Anyway, just wanted to say hi guys. Sorry I'm not around much, but I'm glad you guys are well. Now back to the gulag. Will try to check in more regularly. Really, with this message board a few keystrokes away, and you guys being so cool, I have no excuse (other than all that crime-fighting I do that takes up so much of my time).

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar
    Thanks, guys. Attic Toys looks to be a great anthology, and I'm really happy to be stood next to ALL of those writers.

Nik - thanks, man. Yes, titles are like book cover; they shouldn't really matter, but when there's so many stories/novels out there, ANYTHING you can do to make it stand out, really helps. Really liked your story too in the Los Angeles anthology we were in together published by Thunderdome.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Congrats, Craig. You're in some good company there!
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar
    Thanks, Terry.

Somewhat related to the previous post....

Editor-in-chief over at Thunderdome Magazine, Michael Paul Gonzalez, gave the authors of In Search of a City: Los Angeles in 1,000 Words anthology the opportunity to write something new to help promote its release to the Kindle (before then it was only available in paperback, and, last I heard, exchanging hands for hundreds of dollars!). The caveat to submitting was that the story had to relate somehow to the one featured in the anthology. El Bordello Alexandra, my story, was narrated by a young man whose uncle is renting out a room at the famous gothic apartment block on Venice Beach. In that story we are introduced to a strange man with horns, speaks of existing since time began, and that he has returned to the Bordello to find his son.

Soiled Dove is the prequel. Here we are given the events of the night where the Devil-type character first encounters the whore, Alexandra, and how that one night changes the course of their history and that of Venice Beach.

While Soiled Dove will stand alone as a piece of fiction, it would work best to read El Bordello Alexandra, either before, or after. Whichever method you choose, enjoy, and thanks for read my work.

Senior Member Inmate RichardThomas's Avatar

My latest Storyville column is up at Lit Reactor. It's about how to get an agent. Like I know.

http://litreactor.com/columns/storyv...o-get-an-agent

Senior Member Inmate
    It is with great elation that I report that I have finished my Zombie Western novelette, entitled, "Desert Walker Dead" and now I'm off for a celebratory cocktail.

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    Gratz, Randy!

Senior Member Inmate
    Thanks Ozmo! How are you my friend? What are you working on?

Have a lot of editing to do right now. I've decided to take a heavy axe to about 25 or so short stories, most of which I have written recently, and now have 2 novels to finish edits on, and one yet to get a good start on (but at least with no immediate deadline on this one).

I've taken on some extra work too. I did the digital files for issue 11 over at the Lovecraft eZine, and will now be doing more it seems. I've also some YA business on the line. But hey, busy is good. Determined to keep climbing that ladder best I can.

Edit: Almost forgot, Just received a solid review for my first volume of These Old Tales...

http://tothebonereviews.wordpress.co...me-one-review/

Senior Member Inmate
    Ozmo, my man, You seem to be busy as all get out. Who did that review? Is it just one person? By the by, what was the website to register domain names again?

I believe it is a couple of reviewers. I didn't know them until they sent the link. There are tons of places. I use Glowhost, mainly because I've always had them. I need a lot of space for when I do graphic design work. Hope that helps.

Edit: Or you could just use Wordpress or Blogger. Many do that.
    Last edited by ozmosis7; 03-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Senior Member Inmate
    I just want to register a fictitious place name of my own device. It appears in a bunch of my stories. I don't mind paying for it; I just want the name registered as mine.

Hmm...try this website. You can search for the domain to see if it is available and when you mouse over there are options to buy. Other places might end up being cheaper, so be careful. There are literally tons of places to register a name. I pay about $15 per a domain name for my stuff, again, mostly because I have already been there for years, and it is a package deal of sorts. You can get them cheaper.

https://domize.com/

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication C.W. LaSart's Avatar
    I pay 15 a year for mine, but I was insistent on a .com

Totally psyched to join the pages of this one with some fantastic authors. My story "In the Shadow of the Equine" will appear in this anthology of Lovecraft inspired fiction by Post Mortem Press. Check out the big guy in red! And the guy right below him that put it all together.

PREORDER A COPY NOW!
    http://www.postmortem-press.com/torn.php

Senior Member Inmate
    Dude... super congrats on this one. I tried to get in twice on this one and was graciously denied twice. Well done brother!

Thanks! I am a bit jazzed up about this one. Really happy with my story, too.

Grant Wootton
    Way to go Ken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, sir.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Haven't dropped in this thread for a while now, so congrats to everyone here for living their dream!!