Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[INDEXED]The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One)

Author: Stephen King
    Artist: Glenn Chadbourne
    Page Count: 281
    Pub. Date: 2006
    ISBN: 1-58767-140-9 (Gift Edition)
    Excerpt Available: Yes

The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One)
    by Stephen King

Illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne

About the Book:
    The Secretary of Dreams combines classic tales of terror from the mind of Stephen King with the critically acclaimed artwork of Maine artist Glenn Chadbourne. This unique book displays an incredible and original blend of King's words with Chadbourne's one-of-a-kind illustrations: text and artwork brought together to tell these stories in a whole new way.

As you venture into The Secretary of Dreams you'll discover "Home Delivery," "Jerusalem's Lot," and "The Reach" presented on beautifully designed oversized pages. These stories are heavily illustrated with spot artwork, full page illustrations, and even multiple-page art spreads. Dozens of painstakingly crafted illustrations bring King's characters to life.

Also within this collection are "The Road Virus Heads North," "Rainy Season," and "Uncle Otto's Truck," which appear for the very first time in full graphic format as imagined by Chadbourne. Not one word from King's original manuscripts has been left out. Instead Chadbourne presents the stories through a variety of techniques: traditional paragraphs of text merged directly into the artwork, handwritten bursts of dialogue to convey emotion, and even multiple fonts to match the mood of each scene.

The Secretary of Dreams is a collection of Stephen King's greatest short stories presented in a way never before imagined. Glenn Chadbourne spent over two years creating the artwork within these pages, digging deep inside the text to make each of these classic tales burst off the page. An original Cemetery Dance Publications publishing event, this deluxe oversized hardcover edition is the World's First Edition.

There are no other editions planned of this title at this time, but King has already selected six more stories for a second volume and Chadbourne is hard at work on the illustrations!

Published in three states:
    Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 5,000 copies ($75)
    Signed and Traycased Hardcover Limited Edition of only 750 copies bound in leather with a satin ribbon page marker ($300)
    Signed Oversized Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 copies, bound in fine materials with gilded page edges, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a massive deluxe traycase ($1500)
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

This was a beautiful production and I applaud the concept of a fully illustrated edition with the stories completely intact - making it different from a typical anthology or comic book.

Comment

I completely agree with Patrick. I would like to see more of these type of projects in the future.

Comment

I'd love to see a third SoD, but with a different artist.
        It's not that I don't like Glenn's artwork, I do, but I'd love to see what Bernie Wrightson -for instance- would come up with.
        Or, a volume with a number of artists.

Brian, are you considering a third volume?

sk
        Last edited by frik51; 05-07-2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

I would love to see a third volume too, but would love to see more from Glenn. I do love Wrightson too, but Glenn's level of detail is in a class by itself.

Comment

I'd buy a third volume no matter who the artist turns out to be. I would only request that the editions continue to have the appearance of being a cohesive series when sitting next to each other like they do now.

Comment

The first two books have been truly fantastic. I just discovered CD a few months back, and immediately purchased the slipcased gift edition of volume 2. Then paid a steep price for the slipcased edition of volume 1... Would have much rather given CD my money, which I will happily do so for any future editions.

Comment

Considering this was the first SK limited edition I ever managed through production, you can guess I'm still very proud of how it turned out.

To prevent confusion or misunderstandings, I don't post about projects that could happen. I know Glenn had a blast working on these books, though, and you never know what the future might hold!
                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

You have every right to be proud of SoD v.1, Brian. It's a truly stunning volume. I was able to get one from CD on the rebound in an SK grab bag. And volume 2 had two of my favorite King shorts in it: "Strawberry Spring" and "Gray Matter." I would have liked to have seen "I am the Doorway" or "Survivor Type," but maybe a vol. 3 will happen.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Actually I kinda wish this was more of a line of books each one featuring different authors and artists. I can think of several authors CD has already published that I'd like to see this done with.
                    Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                      Considering this was the first SK limited edition I ever managed through production, you can guess I'm still very proud of how it turned out.

To prevent confusion or misunderstandings, I don't post about projects that could happen. I know Glenn had a blast working on these books, though, and you never know what the future might hold!

YYYAAAAYY!!!! That's a Yes!!!! Er...at least a SOLID MAYBE!!!!! Ah crap, I guess it's just a IN THE REALM OF POSSBILE FUTURES.......oh well, I'll keep hoping!!!

Comment

If there is a third volume, I'll have no choice but to buy it since I have the first two. I'd feel incomplete just having two lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X