• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they know i'm an idiot already
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
      Don't forget Rotten Leaves, Richard. http://www.rottenleaves.com/ Love the artwork and stories coming out of that place recently.
      FYI...It looks like Rotten Leaves has closed their submissions.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Pretty sure they'll be open, VERY SOON. Keep your peeps peeled.

Comment

Nice philosophy, Nik. Just sometimes the distance between each step can seem to stretch for eternity.
          Don't I know it.
          www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
            you just have to put the right story in front of the right editor at the right time
            I think you just summed up the entire publishing industry.
            www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
              this is why I and so many others are so interested in this vote and feedback on our stories. I have no faith in my work. I have no idea if is workable or total dreck.
              Definitely going to read yours soon and ping you back with a pm. Tried to do it at work, but couldn't take notes. Sorry for the delay. I know there's no rush, but the story looks cool and I want to read it.
              www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Copefiend, do you live in a parallel universe?
                LOL! No but I do live in Central Florida which does at times seems quite different then the rest of the world.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                  Had a bummer of a rejection today. It's hard enough to find markets to submit short stories to, but when you get a rejection on a novel it is even harder to find rungs up the ladder that accept submissions without an agent.
                  Sympathies on your rejection. Publishing is very subjective, as many others have already posted. I just got a rejection on my horror novel the other day. Feels like a punch in the gut. Was magnified by waking up to find my basement flooded due to a broken pipe. They say bad things happen in threes--I'm holding my breath!

Keep trying, and let us know when you get that novel published!
                  http://www.valmuller.com

Comment

So sorry to hear about your rejection, Ozmo. That's why I've been so hesitant to send my "babies" out. I have over ninety short stories and three novellas written but I'm just not sure if: 1. They're good enough and 2. What they're classified as other than the broad spectrum Horror field. I don't evem no what a neo-noir story means. I may have a few. I have grouped my stuff into thirteen story tomes (Like C. W. did, awesomely enough, with a central theme.) After being in this forum and reading everyone's posts, I feel that it's time to get my "little darlings" dressed in their Sunday Best and get their hungry asses on the street, as it were. Thanks to you, Ozmo and Richard and Draven and C.W. I now know its time. Also, the six people who really enjoyed my first tale enough to vote for it without me even having to threaten to kill their families, I thank you half dozen, humbly and sincerely.

Again, my friend, so sorry. Your rejection gives me courage to take another step off the ledge.

Comment

keep at it oz - i've gotten maybe 30 rejections on my novel this year from agents, as well as a lot of "no responses" which i'll eventually chalk up as rejections. worse than that though are the agents that you know personally via fellow authors - when they pass, it's tough to take - i even had a guy approach ME (first time for that) who loved my short stories, asked for my novel, and then passed - WTF? that one stung - but i've still got Disintegration out in queries, partials and a few fulls to some agents and presses i really like - plus, don't forget guys, ChiZine opens up July 1st - i love their work, would be thrilled to have my novel there - if you haven't read Paul Tremblay and Craig Davidson, do so - great authors - you all should submit

Comment

Thanks Richard! Appreciate it. I have a good feel about this one, so we'll see. Thanks for the tips too.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

By the way Richard, I grew up in Glen Ellyn. I so miss a good Chicago hotdog. There is a Sonic out here advertising they have them, but last time I heard that this ratty hotdog had onions and meat sauce. What the hell is that? Wish me luck on finding a good hotdog as well out here in the Eat LOL.

Comment

ha...just had Portillo's tonight, good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                              ha...just had Portillo's tonight, good stuff
                              Color me jealous.

Comment

Dear Craig Wallwork,

Thank you for sending us "Rice Milk". Unfortunately we will not be able to use this work for Vestal Review. We receive many well-written, compelling, stories, but can only take a very limited number due to constraints of space and style. We wish you the best of luck in placing your story elsewhere.

Thanks again. Best of luck with this.
                                Sincerely,
                                Cheryl Chambers
                                Vestal Review
                                This is a 500 word story, written first for a Moon Milk competition I know it's easy to say this after it's been rejected, but I knew it wouldn't get published because, and my Write Club colleagues will back this up, I CAN'T WRITE FLASH FICTION!

To those that can, like Ash here, I bow to you. So, it's official, and you're hearing it here first, I won't be attempting Flash Fiction, EVER. :d

Comment

Working...
                                X