No announcement yet.

Rejection Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF? That's just wrong. Sorry to hear that man.

MLD

Comment

Ya, they did apologize and refunded my money, let me keep the books. But it was really deflating. I've asked for a letter releasing me from any sort of contract just in case. No word on that yet, although I am sure it wouldn't matter as they seem to have broken it already LOL. Trying to keep my spirits up and all, but I was really looking forward to this one.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear that! They must really have shitty organizational skills or something to forget about an author in their anthology...

Comment

Wow, bad luck! Sorry to hear it.
          http://www.valmuller.com

Comment

Wow Oz that really blows. I can't fathom how that must have felt...sorry
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

^ what? that's not acceptable. have you talked to the press/editor yet? which anthology was it? i'd raise hell. if they do another one, then you should be in it, no questions asked. otherwise, they owe you something for that screw up. man, that sucks. sorry to hear it.
              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Thanks for the support all. This was a newer press, and I know one of the guys running it. I don't want to out them in a public forum, as I don't think that is appropriate. When they were getting started I threw them a freebie to help them out. Perhaps this is what makes it sting so bad. They have refunded my money, let me keep the books, apologized, and even offered to put the story in another anthology.

But, I think I will polish it up and take it elsewhere personally. I'm sort of soured on these types of "for the love" presses now. The only reason I sent them a story in the first place is their stated intention was to pay in the future. Supporting future paying markets helps them become such. It is clear their stated intention is not being followed through on, though.

Most of my sadness in this was wanting to see the story in print, waiting for it, and then bang...nada. It should be a relative easier sell than most of my prose as it has a Sci-Fi feel to it.

Comment

Man, that's crap, Ken. I would have been pissed. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sad days. I see Murky Depths just decided to close their doors.

Comment

^what? that's horrible, i just published with them this year, wow, and they won a big award last year too, what happened? links?

EDIT: AH, got the email, here's a link to the post too: http://lucifal.wordpress.com/2011/10...depths-demise/
                      Last edited by RichardThomas; 10-28-2011, 05:25 PM.
                      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Yeah, I just got an email from Murky Depths - I had a story with them that was under real consideration. Shame they're closing shop.
                        It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

I agree. Seeing too many shop doors closing as of late.

Comment

is it possible that print perodicals are on their way out in favor of eBooks, etc? I guess I never noticed if Weird Tales or Murky Depths were available on the kindle
                            It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

I don't think it will ever be on the way out entirely, not as long as people/collector's/enthusiast enjoy holding the real thing in their hands. This being said I prefer to read digital copies of books or listen to them on audio. I display my books proudly, though, what little I have. I do think you will see a vast movement towards self-publishing in the future, especially with Amazon saying they will crack down on that end of the market. We will have to see how things unfold, but keep your eyes peeled.

Comment

Just got a really long form rejection letter from Machine Of Death 2. Now the hard part, how do I modify this story to be able to submit elsewhere?

MLD

Comment

Working...
                                X