• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i'd say that MLD about nailed it ^
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
      yeah, i'd say that MLD about nailed it ^
      Nailed it like a cheatin' ex-girlfriend on the wrong end of a Bosch power nailer.

Comment

I'm reading Jeremy Dyson Never Trust a Rabbit which is turning to out to be a great collection of stories that lean toward orginal horror. Giving me a lot ot think about. He is one of the screenwriters of The League of Gentleman, a very dark television series set in England. He and any Nyman also did a run of stage shows featuring "old school" horror stories, aptly named, Ghost Stories, which proved VERY successful. Here's an interview with the writers who explain more, though, part of the appeal and attractive of the stage shows was that no one could tell you what happened lest it dilutes the impact:

http://www.syfy.co.uk/node/190573

A friend of mine went and he goes on ghost hunts in various parts of England - he jumped out of his skin several times, but it also had a weird spooky feel to it all.
        Last edited by Craig Wallwork; 06-26-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
          Nailed it like a cheatin' ex-girlfriend on the wrong end of a Bosch power nailer.
          Ha, that's great.
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Well, one side "benefit" of email over snail mail is that rejections can arrive on Sundays, too

Comment

I might add, it's just salt in the wound when the title of your work is spelled incorrectly in a form rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                What will usually piss me off, and sometimes scare me, is when it's obvious that the writer believes that horror is all about torture. What can scare me is the thinly veiled torture fantasy that's depicting a revenge against an ex-girlfriend. You wouldn't believe how many of those we see. Please stop torturing and killing off your ex-girlfriends and their new boyfriends and trying to sell it.

MLD
                Thank you so much for saying this.
                http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

I remember a story of mine being accepted to and rejected from the same magazine on the same day. It's a convoluted and silly story I can't get into, but the rejection was accidental, and its origins taught me A LOT about the submission process.
                  www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nik Houser View Post
                    I remember a story of mine being accepted to and rejected from the same magazine on the same day. It's a convoluted and silly story I can't get into, but the rejection was accidental, and its origins taught me A LOT about the submission process.
                    I had a similar story happen, Nik. Had a story accepted, so of course I then pulled it from other submissions that I had out. Then a few weeks later I got a rejection from the same place, for the same story. Sent them several emails and went to their website, NEVER HEARD BACK. Needless to say I was pissed off, and have never submitted to them again.
                    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Ouch! That would suck badly.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                        I had a similar story happen, Nik. Had a story accepted, so of course I then pulled it from other submissions that I had out. Then a few weeks later I got a rejection from the same place, for the same story. Sent them several emails and went to their website, NEVER HEARD BACK. Needless to say I was pissed off, and have never submitted to them again.
                        Were the intials to this place RF?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
                          Hmmmm..the rejection I got that was horrid came from a place with those initials....long ago mind you.

Comment

Mmmmmmm... How cryptic can we be....

The last word is also known as a tarboosh!

Comment

Ah, maybe both of yours might be the same, but mine is different. Mine was like 3 years ago anyway. And I believe the editor was gone shortly after, so I think there was a breakdown or something, with many people having trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
                                Nope. Though now I'll have to figure out what those initials mean...
                                www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Working...
                                X