No announcement yet.

Rejection Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I didn't win the Lilja's Library contest. Darn! I was hoping for that gift edition of IT.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Sorry to hear that , my friend.

Comment

Well, at least you tried, and for a hell of a gift too. You'll get 'em next time, Terry.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Got another rejection; this time from Shock Totem. They don't hurt like they used to. I'll just shoot 'em... a different story I suppose. Had you going there for a bit, didn't I?

Comment

It's not so much the rejection that hurts; it's knowing that there's shit out there getting published.

Comment

On that I so agree. I was going to send a story to this one magazine that I thought looked promising and the editor of the rag had a short story of his own on the site that was so incoherent and addle brained that I figured I don't want what I have associated with the magazine. The sentence structures were like sixty plus words of depressing adjectives strung together in one sentence that made no sense at all.

Comment

Terrible isn't it? I get very depressed at bookstores these days.

Comment

I hope that doesn't make me sound too hoighty-toighty or uppity being this new to the game but I know shite when I read it. Magazine editor or seventh grade composition class.

Comment

No. Your opinion is as valid as any seasoned writer. More so. If you're a reader, then in my opinion you're the authority on what makes a good book/story, not the writer.

Comment

keep trying. just got a recent rejection from ST too, but the story wasn't straight horror. i keep trying to stretch them, but they don't LIKE IT. :-)
                      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Shock Totem is a hard one I hear. I haven't tried them yet, but they are on my list for the year
                        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

you haven't even TRIED them yet? come on, girl. we're all naked and embarrassed out here in the water, join us! i think they just like straight up horror, and i actually have a hard time writing that. i write dark, sure, but it tends to veer into the grotesque or noirish or fantastic. or i just suck.

Comment

Hmmmm. I am more of a straight up horror gal. They were on my list for last year when I started, but around this time I got the contract for DMB and quit submitting elsewhere for the rest of the year (mostly, a few odd submissions still snuck out when I wasn't looking!). I need to get back to submitting again now that Ad Nauseam is out. I've been lazy

Comment

AND I love naked, embarrassed men in the water

Comment

well show me the way, because i can't figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X