On Writing 20th Anniversary Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Writing 20th Anniversary Edition

I am very interested in knowing more about Joe and Owen's contributions but Simon & Schuster are giving no details. It does list a June 2nd release date. Powell's only shows a paperback edition.

on-writing-9781982159375_lg.jpg

https://www.simonandschuster.com/boo.../9781982159375

Here is a link to my CNN.COM review I wrote for this...two decades ago!

https://www.cnn.com/2000/books/revie...ew.on.writing/

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
      Here is a link to my CNN.COM review I wrote for this...two decades ago!

https://www.cnn.com/2000/books/revie...ew.on.writing/

Jim
      Thanks Jim. I have read the book several times. I am really interested in what content Owen and Joe are adding to this edition.

Comment

Hmm, interesting! Let us know if you hear of any special edition...I'll keep an eye out for anything too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
          Hmm, interesting! Let us know if you hear of any special edition...I'll keep an eye out for anything too.
          A Letterpress Publications editions signed by Three Kings would be fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I am very interested in knowing more about Joe and Owen's contributions but Simon & Schuster are giving no details. It does list a June 2nd release date. Powell's only shows a paperback edition.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/boo.../9781982159375
            That's all I was able to find as well. The UK edition has a different cover.

9781444723250.jpg

Comment

Went ahead and ordered the paperback from Powell's.

Comment

Went ahead and ordered the paperback from Powell's.
                I'll be grabbing both. You know me, if Joe scribbles in it, I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  I'll be grabbing both. You know me, if Joe scribbles in it, I'll buy it.
                  Is Joe Hill signing an edition? Or are you referring to his contributions?

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                    Is Joe Hill signing an edition? Or are you referring to his contributions?
                    Referring to his contribution but I'm going to try and score a signed copy. If that's something Joe's still doing during Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Referring to his contribution but I'm going to try and score a signed copy. If that's something Joe's still doing during Covid.
                      I am slipping. I did not even think to check Waterstreet. Powell's has shipped my copy. I will decide then if I want to order a signed copy.

Comment

I am slipping. I did not even think to check Waterstreet. Powell's has shipped my copy. I will decide then if I want to order a signed copy.
                        First thing I checked lol. It's showing on their site.

Comment

Received my copy from Powell's. The new contents are as Follows:
                          * An updated reading list from Stephen King
                          * Owen King: Recording Audiobooks for My Dad Stephen King - Reprinted from the New Yorker June 16, 2018
                          * Joe Hill: A Conversation with My Dad - Transcript from an appearance at Somerville Theatre in Somerville, MA October 20, 2019

Comment

Though I didn't really know what to expect of the "new contributions", that certainly wasn't it, haha!
                            I'll still be buying a copy though!

Comment

Received my copy from Powell's. The new contents are as Follows:
                              * An updated reading list from Stephen King
                              * Owen King: Recording Audiobooks for My Dad Stephen King - Reprinted from the New Yorker June 16, 2018
                              * Joe Hill: A Conversation with My Dad - Transcript from an appearance at Somerville Theatre in Somerville, MA October 20, 2019
                              Thank for the info, Martin. And you received it before the release date.

Comment

Working...
                              X