X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ray Bradbury From Hard Case Crime

This will be interesting!
    https://smile.amazon.com/Killer-Come...XKYMSPXQ02GQB7

Yeah, I’m really looking forward to this one!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Where can we order besides Amazon? ~Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Check out your independent book store. Does not look like Amazon is offering any discount so no saving going through the big behemoth.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
          Check out your independent book store. Does not look like Amazon is offering any discount so no saving going through the big behemoth.

Jim
          Lately it seems like Amazon has been showing full price for future releases, but when the book is shipped, you still get a pretty good discount. Plus with pre-orders you don't pay until it ships and if it goes down lower than what you're charged at release, you get a refund.

Or we can all chip in and get a copy for $20 - https://bulkbookstore.com/killer-com...-9781789095395 - yes, we'd have to order 1000 copies . . .

Comment

I wish I could see the table of contents. I have A Memory for Murder published in 1984, it contains 15 Stories.
            "The Small Assassin" (1946)
            "A Careful Man Dies" (1946)
            "It Burns Me Up" (1944)
            "Half-Pint Homicide" (1944)
            "Four-Way Funeral" (1944)
            "The Long Night" (1944)
            "Corpse Carnival" (1945)
            "Hell's Half-Hour" (1945)
            "The Long Way Home" (1945)
            "Wake for the Living" (1947)
            "I'm Not So Dumb" (1945)
            "The Trunk Lady" (1944)
            "Yesterday I Lived" (1944)
            "Dead Men Rise Up Never" (1945)
            "The Candy Skull" (1948)
            It does say that the Hard Case edition has 20 stories.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Lately it seems like Amazon has been showing full price for future releases, but when the book is shipped, you still get a pretty good discount. Plus with pre-orders you don't pay until it ships and if it goes down lower than what you're charged at release, you get a refund.

Or we can all chip in and get a copy for $20 - https://bulkbookstore.com/killer-com...-9781789095395 - yes, we'd have to order 1000 copies . . .
              I got my $20 ready. Where's the other 999 people?

Comment

I wish I could see the table of contents. I have A Memory for Murder published in 1984, it contains 15 Stories.
                "The Small Assassin" (1946)
                "A Careful Man Dies" (1946)
                "It Burns Me Up" (1944)
                "Half-Pint Homicide" (1944)
                "Four-Way Funeral" (1944)
                "The Long Night" (1944)
                "Corpse Carnival" (1945)
                "Hell's Half-Hour" (1945)
                "The Long Way Home" (1945)
                "Wake for the Living" (1947)
                "I'm Not So Dumb" (1945)
                "The Trunk Lady" (1944)
                "Yesterday I Lived" (1944)
                "Dead Men Rise Up Never" (1945)
                "The Candy Skull" (1948)
                It does say that the Hard Case edition has 20 stories.
                It’s not a reprint of that volume. I had the same concern, and Charles Ardai, the founder and publisher of Hard Case Crime, told me:

“It is NOT a reprint of that collection, which Ray was never happy with and never allowed to be reprinted. It does include my favorite stories from that collection, but most of the stories are from other sources, including some obscure ones. A lot of care and a lot of love went into selecting the very best material. Every publisher always says ‘This is a good book’ -- but I just re-read it, and I have to tell you...it's a really good book. The last two stories just leave me in tears in that way only Bradbury could.“

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  It’s not a reprint of that volume. I had the same concern, and Charles Ardai, the founder and publisher of Hard Case Crime, told me:

“It is NOT a reprint of that collection, which Ray was never happy with and never allowed to be reprinted. It does include my favorite stories from that collection, but most of the stories are from other sources, including some obscure ones. A lot of care and a lot of love went into selecting the very best material. Every publisher always says ‘This is a good book’ -- but I just re-read it, and I have to tell you...it's a really good book. The last two stories just leave me in tears in that way only Bradbury could.“
                  Dang it, you're just making this harder for me to pass on. I guess I'll have to order this one even if I can't find 999 others to join in for a bulk order.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Dang it, you're just making this harder for me to pass on. I guess I'll have to order this one even if I can't find 999 others to join in for a bulk order.
                    If it makes it any easier to swallow the $39.99 price for a trade HC, I believe I recall Charles mentioning that they were going to use a higher quality binding process and materials for this particular release. I think he intends it to be a collectible(ish) book, or at least one to last a good long while and still look good, so while it may cost more than one of his standard trade HCs, the end result should reflect higher quality.

Comment

It is always good to know a guy,that knows a guy LOL!! Thanks for the info Ron!

Comment

This has been one of my most anticipated books of the year. Really looking forward to it's release.

Comment

Can this be right!! If it is Y'all better jump on this LOL!!
                          print List Price: $39.99
                          Pre-order Price: $12.99

Save $27.00 (68%)
                          Sold by: Penguin Random House Publisher Services

Comment

Can this be right!! If it is Y'all better jump on this LOL!!
                            print List Price: $39.99
                            Pre-order Price: $12.99

Save $27.00 (68%)
                            Sold by: Penguin Random House Publisher Services
                            That appears to be the price for Kindle. The hardcover price is still $39.99 on Amazon when I looked.

Comment

Tomorrow (18th) is the Big Day!

Comment

Working...
                              X