Best Dark Tower book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    I love Poison Elves, I have from issue 19 on. It's one of the random fills I'm working on. A book by Drew Hayes was put out about a year and a half or so ago.
    It was? Even though I collected them and have a few signed along with some other stuff like portfolois, I never knew what he died from and was still under 50, wasn't he? But I think he may have had cancer...at least that's what I remembered hearing somewhere. I'm going to have to get that book you mentioned...

But once again, just like I haven't read the DT books by King, I've never read any of PE comics either...but I heard years ago that the first issue and some of the earlier ones are worth a lot of money? I talked to someone at "Cosmic Therapy" named Brenda probably more than a decade ago and she was telling me some of those eary editions were worth around $250 to collectors who missed out on the first printings. Doesn't seem possible to me that someone would pay that amount of money for a comic book, but I just paid a total of over $500 for the limited of IT, so maybe it's not that much of a surpise afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      I love the DT comics.
      They're not King, don't read as King does, but they're a lot of fun.
      I didn't buy the individual comics, just the collections.
      Can't wait for the upcoming super-collection (or whatever it's called)

sk
      Super-Collection? That's not the 2HC books, huh? What is it about? Will it collect ALL the DT comics, or something?? I would defintely be interested in something like that.

Comment

I'm not really sure which two HC books you're referring to.
        I am indeed talking about one giant (almost 1000 pages) tome, containing all DT comics, plus extras.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tower-Ste...9642112&sr=8-1

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          I'm not really sure which two HC books you're referring to.
          I am indeed talking about one giant (almost 1000 pages) tome, containing all DT comics, plus extras.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tower-Ste...9642112&sr=8-1

sk
          I was referring to the Omnibus HCs collecting the first Arc from the DT comics, til June 2011. That book on Amazon isn't even going for 100 bucks? I haven't read the description of it, but it must not even be worth that much considering all the neagative reviews.

Comment

But I still think I'll get it...collects ALL of them?? But almost 200 1 and 2 star reviews...that's pretty amazing in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
              But I still think I'll get it...collects ALL of them?? But almost 200 1 and 2 star reviews...that's pretty amazing in itself.
              I don't get it. The Amazon link goes to reviews and such of the last book in the series (Dark Tower VII). That's where all the negative reviews are coming from--people that didn't like the ending (which I loved, personally). I don't see any mention of comic books there.

And speaking of comic books, King didn't write those, right? I'm very interested in anything King writes, especially with regard to The Dark Tower (hence my excitement over The Wind and the Keyhole), but I don't have any interwst in fan-fic or comic books.

Comment

Originally posted by divemaster View Post
                I don't get it. The Amazon link goes to reviews and such of the last book in the series (Dark Tower VII). That's where all the negative reviews are coming from--people that didn't like the ending (which I loved, personally). I don't see any mention of comic books there.

And speaking of comic books, King didn't write those, right?
                No, King didn't write them. He approved them, but didn't write as far as I know.

I was also confused about where that link led me, as the price seems accurate ($150 list price, which is accurate I believe) and lists Marvel as the publisher, but everything else makes it seem like the last book of the series. I loved the ending as well, but can see why others didn't. No matter what the ended would have been, people would have been pissed, can't please everyone.
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

The Drawing of the Three is my favorite. It flows well and I could read it once a year forever.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                    No, King didn't write them. He approved them, but didn't write as far as I know.

I was also confused about where that link led me, as the price seems accurate ($150 list price, which is accurate I believe) and lists Marvel as the publisher, but everything else makes it seem like the last book of the series. I loved the ending as well, but can see why others didn't. No matter what the ended would have been, people would have been pissed, can't please everyone.
                    I think people were also pissed because King inserted himself into that book and sorta ruined it. it's no longer "Pure", so to speak.

Comment

I don't know if King ruined it that way.
                      For some people he did, for others, he didn't.
                      Personally, I wish he hadn't put himself in this series.
                      I'm pretty sure if he hadn't had his accident, the final three volumes would have turned out much differently.

sk
                      Last edited by frik51; 07-08-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I think it is just perfect the way that it is, and wouldn't have it any other way, especially the ending which so many (including my girlfriend) seem to hate so much

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                          I think it is just perfect the way that it is, and wouldn't have it any other way, especially the ending which so many (including my girlfriend) seem to hate so much
                          I think the ending is great! Why?

Spoiler!

Comment

+1 to the spoiler, that's what I like to think as well.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                              I think the ending is great! Why?

Spoiler!
                              I think you are exactly right.

Spoiler!

Comment

But...
                                Spoiler!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X