No announcement yet.

Best Dark Tower book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I've loved all of them my vote goes to Wizard and Glass. Maybe it was because I was just thankful for any Dark Tower book after King's long absence from the series.
    Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
    http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

I kept clicking spoiler to see if you'd really say anthing. lol. I didnt read it. just about 4 words. I just hadda know. haha

Comment

I always give the reader several chances to take back the "click" on one of my spolier tags.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I always give the reader several chances to take back the "click" on one of my spolier tags.
          Oh why, oh why didn't you add just one more spoiler?
          Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
          http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Would it have really made a difference? Peole say they click on them anyway. I made one with around 10 spoiler tags somewhere on this forum....
            Last edited by srboone; 03-02-2012, 09:31 AM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Arghhh i really want to read it!!!

Comment

1. The Drawing of the Three - love the expansion of this story universe beyond the first book here. Meeting the members of Roland's ka-tet and the intertwining of all realities - the big and the small. Both handled wonderfully.

2. The Wastelands - continues the drawing of the ka-tet with Jake being brought back. Very touching first half of the book.

3. The Gunslinger - "The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." 'nuff said

4. The Dark Tower - the end arrived at in a honest way. And Jake's sacrifice. Very moving.

5. The Wind Through the Keyhole -a lovely story within a story within a story. Not necessary to the arc of the series but it deepens the mythos and character relations especially between Roland and his mother.

6. Song of Susannah - a bridging book that sets up story points that get paid off in the final book.

7. The Wolves of the Callah - entertaining but not enough forward story momentum. Especially after the flashback nature of number 8.

8. Wizard and Glass - it fleshes out Roland's back story but came at a time when I really wanted the main story to move forward.

Comment

Still need to read TWTTK. I do agree with your first 2 choices.Not sure which one I like better.I go back and forth between the 2.Wizard would be 3 and wolves would be 4.What about Little Sisters?It is short but still part of the series.

Comment

Hmm... I really liked the first three, but found myself stalled halfway through the fourth.

Comment

Working...
                    X