• Show
Clear All

Also but
    Spoiler!

Comment

Yeah,
      Spoiler!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I picked Wizard and Glass. I loved the adventures of the young Roland and his ka-tet.

John

Comment

In regards to the ending, I prefer to think that...

Spoiler!
          "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
            In regards to the ending, I prefer to think that...

Spoiler!
            I can't buy that, because...

Spoiler!

And that's why one of the reasons I find The Drawing of the Three to be the best of the sereis.

Dry thoughts of a dry brain in a dry month...
            Last edited by srboone; 07-11-2011, 06:22 AM. Reason: added another dry thought.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Talking in spoilers must be frustrating to the casual reader of this thread.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I liked your response, srboone, and it may prove to be a wrinkle in my theory, but possibly not.

Spoiler!

I could be completely wrong here, and I wouldn't be surprised if I am, but I feel that this is one of many possibilities.
                "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

I voted Drawing if the Three, because of the different eras that are beloved characters are pulled from and the introduction of the characters themselves, Eddie, Odetta, Detta and finally Susannah. Even Mort was a twisted little piece of mania. And the scenes with Roland experiencing our world(?) through the eyes of junkie Eddie Dean.
                  http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
                  http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
                  http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
                    I liked your response, srboone, and it may prove to be a wrinkle in my theory, but possibly not.

I could be completely wrong here, and I wouldn't be surprised if I am, but I feel that this is one of many possibilities.
                    Good points all; and writing them down in posts like these helps refine them for all involved. Here's my take on the HoE:

Spoiler!

I'm getting the urge to take the DT journey again...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Talking in spoilers must be frustrating to the casual reader of this thread.
                      A little bit, but it also makes catching up go a lot faster too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                        I think it is just perfect the way that it is, and wouldn't have it any other way, especially the ending which so many (including my girlfriend) seem to hate so much
                        Do you think it'd be better to read just this one HC, or start at book one? I'll have to look again at that on Amazon because I'm not sure it contains the entire 7 books. How could it? I finally finished FDNS, now I'm not sure what to do. Read Joyride by Ketchum, or start the DT series?? I really don't know if I could actually read such a huge amount of fiction. If I read one, I'd have to read the rest or I'd forget what's in the first book.

Comment

If you don't want to read that much fiction then I'd go with Joyride, which is a very good book as well.
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                            Do you think it'd be better to read just this one HC, or start at book one? Read Joyride by Ketchum, or start the DT series?? I really don't know if I could actually read such a huge amount of fiction.
                            I'd go for Ketchum if I were you. If you want to read the DT series you should really be determined to do so - it's a loooooooong ride.
                            And of course you don't just read The dark Tower (I mean, the 7th book), do start at the beginning.

sk

Comment

Yes start with 'The Gunslinger' and you will be taken on a magical journey

Comment

When would you suggest reading The Little Sisters of Eluria?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X