Best Dark Tower book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    When would you suggest reading The Little Sisters of Eluria?
    I read LSoE right after The Gunslinger, which I think is a pretty good moment to read it.

Comment

I feel that it can be read anywhere to be honest because it doesn't have any direct impact on the 7 main books, but i personally waited untill the end so that i had the charater of Roland fully understood (or as understood as i ever will achieve). I really like the story & am always craving for more stories set in the world of the tower.

Comment

Well, I've finished Book 1 in my current trip throught the DT series and I'm set ot read LSofE next; the move on to Book 2 et al.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I read "Little Sisters of Eluria" last and I thought it was a fitting time to do so, though it can be reasoned that any time is right, just as long as you don't start with it. Even though it's a prequel to the seven volume series, it was written as though the reader should already have some idea about the nature of the Dark Tower quest and of the character Roland. Reading it prior to the other books would probably be a little confusing.
          "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Yeah i agree with all of that!

Comment

Well, I've read the entire series already, so I should be ok; I just wasn't sure what other people thought (because I have not read LSofE, yet.)
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well i really liked the story, but then again i'm pretty sure i will like any story with Roland & his guns are in

Comment

Then you have not forgotten the face of your father, so you should be content.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

anybody heard anything on the new dark tower book, THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE? i assume there will be a new donald grant edition(s) as well as scribner doing a hc - i've gotten all of the grant editions in the past, so i just want to make sure i don't miss this one
                    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Grant will be doing a Limited edition run and scribner will be releasing a hardcover

Comment

Finished Little Sisters of Eluria. If I had not read the DT series before, I would probably say wait to read it after Wizard and Glass (that's the first book to really detail the calendar of Mid-World, the festivals, etc.) But waiting til after DT5 might be appropriate, that way you've encountered some of the other characters mentioned.

Either way, It's time for The Drawing of the Three--the best of the DT books!!!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Either way, It's time for The Drawing of the Three--the best of the DT books!!!
                          Debateable :P

Comment

No debate. Hands down. Undeniable. Without a doubt.

Of course, in the lecture hall of my mind, no one else is allowed to speak...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

If you decide to start with the DT series and have trouble with volume 1, The Gunslinger, drop it temporarily and start book 2, then go back to book 1. This works for lots of people. Sisters of Eluria can be read anywhere among the first four books.

John

Comment

No debate. Hands down. Undeniable. Without a doubt.

Of course, in the lecture hall of my mind, no one else is allowed to speak...
                                Man, aren't you lucky I'm in the Nederland (Colorado) public library at the moment and my (PC) time's running out....Have to keep it short....

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X