Looking for SubPress' Perdido Street Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for SubPress' Perdido Street Station

If anyone has one for sale at non-extortion prices, please let me know.

I too hope to find one. Prices are INSANE though!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
      I too hope to find one. Prices are INSANE though!
      I had one when they first came out and Bill had repeatedly over time said he was not doing others, so I sold it...

Comment

He is usually tight lipped about stuff, I waited years for the other two Richard Morgan books, the Takeshi Kovacs novels, Broken Angels and Woken Furies to come out. And now there's supposed to be a 4th book coming out, so we'll see. Oh, I see that I missed it, Altered Carbon Downward Blues. It's a Graphic Novel...Hard Pass LOL!!!
        Last edited by mhatchett; 04-30-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          I had one when they first came out and Bill had repeatedly over time said he was not doing others, so I sold it...
          OUCH! I hope it works out for you. I've seen others mention how it certainly feels like a buyer's market right now--how they're grabbing sought-after editions for really low prices. So maybe luck is on your side?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            OUCH! I've seen others mention how it certainly feels like a buyer's market right now--how they're grabbing sought-after editions for really low prices.
            Wish I could run into a market like that...while I understand the perspective (as I was kind of expecting it myself, given the unfortunate circumstances that many have of strained finances), I haven't seen that in my searches. I haven't been looking at the high-end, big-money books, though, and maybe that's where the deals are...there's probably less incentive to unload the mid-grade stuff w/ its smaller return/$$.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Wish I could run into a market like that...while I understand the perspective (as I was kind of expecting it myself, given the unfortunate circumstances that many have of strained finances), I haven't seen that in my searches. I haven't been looking at the high-end, big-money books, though, and maybe that's where the deals are...there's probably less incentive to unload the mid-grade stuff w/ its smaller return/$$.
              Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Just hearing some chatter in the small press FB groups. I'm not looking to buy, anyway. I'm gearing up to sell some books, though the books I'm looking to sell probably won't get all that much $$.

Comment

I think what we may be seeing is the current champs of price giving way to new contenders, so it's more the specific books these folks have been waiting to buy are dropping in price a bit, but some new hotness, like Centipede's Elric books, are claiming the throne.

-slayn666, professional metaphor mixer

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  I think what we may be seeing is the current champs of price giving way to new contenders, so it's more the specific books these folks have been waiting to buy are dropping in price a bit, but some new hotness, like Centipede's Elric books, are claiming the throne.

-slayn666, professional metaphor mixer
                  Honestly, The Centipede ELRICS are the books of the decade for me. In beauty and importance. I don't read a lot of fantasy anymore, but I do know that the Elric books- like The Lord of The Rings- are absolutely a cornerstone of Dark Fantasy. And Jerad is treating them accordingly. No surprise that The Albino Prince is claiming The (RUBY) Throne.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                    X